Chapter 18 [ Part 3 ]

===== Chapter 18 [ Part 3 ] =====

Right after that talk with Alessio, Peach has not seen him until now. He must be mad— really mad. It is their break now, and he is still not yet in sight. Fear crawls up her as she recalls the earlier scenes. She squeezes her dark blue eyes tight. Alessio is indeed so similar to his father. With that reaction from earlier, it is possible— possible that he won't forgive Kielle and kill him for that.

Peach squeezes the paper cup in her hands, accidentally squeezing the juice contents out through her straw. She yelps, surprised, when someone suddenly begins to dab tissues on her.

Turning, she sees the playboy. The one and only Gerald Andershon. It seems that he has been sitting beside her, observing her face change expressions in wonder. Upon seeing the juice spilled on her, he cannot help but try to remove the stains.

However, Peach is not touched by his gesture. The blue-eyed girl instead frowns,  sending Gerald a strange look.  "What are you doing over here? Didn't I tell you to fuck off?!!" Her potty mouth starts to reveal itself; she isn't in the mood to be victimized by his wooing. Despite those swears said to him, he still manages to grin at the pretty girl.

"I tried, but I couldn't.." He looks at her, directly in the eyes. "I don't know why, but something about you just seems to draw me close to you," Gerald confesses, but Peach scoffs in disbelief.

She only sees his words as a trap. It's not the first time Peach's being flirted at. Rolling her eyes, she takes the tissues from his hands and do the cleaning job herself. "You're handsome... I know that, but no thanks." Blue colored eyes show clear disinterest and disgust. "But I already told you. I don't like you." Gerald's heart just seems to break upon her refusal. He looks at her, hurt.. Why?

"If it's about Julia and Bea, then I'm telling you... I've already broken it off with them." Peach gets suddenly startled when he suddenly grabs her hands."I'— I am willing to change if you want. Just please!!" He didn't really plan to say those words. He didn't really plan in pleading, but the words involuntarily left his lips. The white-haired girl looks at him.

"Please give me a chance."

Peach shakes her head to herself. "Unbelievable." She retrieves her hand from his. Gerald stares at her. Those brown eyes reveal such strong emotions, but the white haired girl refuses and continues to reject him... She'll admit it however; he is a great actor.

Why?! Why does this hurt a lot?! He can't do anything.. Peach won't change her mind about him. In the end, the man has to go because (Y/N) and Kielle arrived. Seeing Gerald's sullen expression, you quickly take a sit beside Peach and look at her with curiosity.

"What just happened?"

Your friend laughs at your adorable expression.. but the laughter falters when she notices her cousin also fondly staring at you. "Nothing. He is just troubling me..," she shrugs the topic off while her bluish eyes are on Kielle, pondering how she is going to say it. She already made several attempts before, but Kielle always refused. You notice her absent gaze and turn to whom she is looking at....

Kielle?

His golden eyes soften when you avert your attention to him. He has been focused on you, not perceiving Peach before him. It has been like this since earlier. Ever since earlier.. you softly smile back. Your hearts flutters.. But then you can't help but think that this devotion Kielle is somehow familiar. "Are you going to buy food?" Peach suddenly asks; you snap out from your reverie, instantly focusing your gaze on her.

But Peach is not focused on you but on Kielle. The man opens his lips but closes his mouth as if he suddenly has some thought. He looks at you and smiles again.. "Yeah. I'll buy for the both of us." Golden eyes are bright as he gazes at you as if asking what do you want. You want to refuse; but when you look at Peach, you see those bluish eyes sending you a desperate look as if she is requesting you to give them some time alone.

"Oh, okay..."

You pull out your wallet. "Here is my money..—" Kielle immediately refuses to take your money, wanting to buy your food himself.. Your cheeks are slightly blushing as you finally allow him to treat you since he's so stubborn upon taking an answer no. When the cousins left, you're finally alone in peace.

Today is really nothing different. Despite the surprising confession from Kielle. The day today's just like before. Only difference is that the golden- eyed man outwardly professes his love for you.. and his other small yet very affectionate gestures meant for romantic reasons... And well, as expected—your classmates discovered Kielle's intentions to court you.

They support it, even starting to tease you guys to your dismay. Kielle is clearly in a happy mood as he lets the class go noisy and crazy earlier, not scolding them... A laugh escapes your lips; an amused expression's etched across your face.

Realising that you kind of look like an idiot for laughing alone, you look around to see if there are any witnesses. When you see that there are none, you gently place your hands on your flustered face.

Stop making me turn an idiot, Kielle—!

You sigh out. If this really goes on, then you might not survive this day. Ok, actually, you are dead after this(!) Crap! How can you forget your dad. Your dad will not certainly let you go after that incident!!!!! You're dead; you're really so dead!

Your eyes are closed.

You slap your cheek several times, harshly, as you worry for later night reprimanding. Very occupied in punishing yourself with a few slaps, you're startled when someone suddenly takes your hands in theirs.

"(Y/N)..."

His silver eyes gently hold your gaze as he lowers down your hands from your red cheeks. "Don't hurt yourself," Alessio whispers. You awkwardly pull your hands away, nodding. "O— okay," you stammer as you never expect him to arrive just now. Looking away from him, you try focusing your gaze on the table; but you're very baffled when Alessio invades your personal space again. As his hands carress your cheeks, rubbing those red marks that you have left on your face.

"I'm alright!" you exclaim while quickly make yourself lean backward, trying to pull away from his fingers. His silver gaze holds yours again,  but you can't comprehend the emotions it carry. Suddenly, you feel more uncomfy, making you ponder if you should leave; but it would be very rude to do that with Alessio.

With your eyes on the table, you fail to notice how those inexplainable silver gaze softens; but those softness goes away when Peach and Kielle arrives. The beautiful girl's face looks sullen while Kielle's face is expressionless— obviously hinting that something is going on with them.. Though, a smile slowly makes its way up when his gold eyes land on you.

He immediately takes the seat beside yours, intentionally ignoring Alessio before you. Smirking at you, he shocks you by pulling out an empanada in front of you. "(Y/N), here. Let me feed you!" He chuckles as he sees you with that adorable wide-eyed expression. And now, this guy's treating you a baby!

"Are you really courting me?" you huff.. Are you guys even on a courting stage?! Peach silently takes a seat... defeated. Her head is lowered down, not wanting to let them see the hidden tears.. She only wants Kielle to be happy. She only wants everyone she loves to be happy. Peach doesn't have to look at Alessio; she knows.. she knows that he's seething right now.

The sound of chairs moving is heard; that only means.. Alessio left again in rage.