Chapter 12 [ Part 3 ]

Lemme tell you that I'm not
being biased here

==== Chapter 12 [ Part 3 ] ====

Three hours. It has been three hours now being with your friends.  Right now, you are just trying your best to avoid Kielle's gaze by focusing your attention on your gadgets. It's actually difficult though when your friend is trying to force you to talk with her cousin. But you don't want to?! Because you do not want to end up like a fucking tomato again. You even end up putting on your (F/C) ear phones, in order to block out Peach's voice.

What's wrong with me?

Oh my gosh— what's wrong with me?

"Later; let's talk later. I'm just watching something," you stutter out while you turn your back on Peach and Kielle. Peach shoots you a confused look, not understanding you and your strange behavior. Kielle blinks his gold eyes— later chuckling, finding your actions adorable. Hearing it, Peach's blue eyes twinkle.

"Isn't she cute, Cousin?"

"Yes."

Peach's smile is already wide and gets even wider when Kielle unconsciously nods at her question. "Cuteee," he mumbles who still has his gaze locked on your flustered state while a smile slowly slips through his lips... Peach almost squeals in delight. While there's the golden eyed man observing you with a small smile, he does not even notice himself speaking.

"Tell me more about (Y/N)."

Peach's eyes widen, and she blushes for you. "What?!" Kielle tilts his head to his cousin with his golden eyes blinking a little times.

"She seems nice," he softly mumbles,  causing Peach to almost gasp at her cousin's rather ridiculous statement.. "Seems? (Y/N)'s nice!" She even hits Kielle right in the head to prove her point. Oh, no worries! She did not hit Kielle too hard. We could not have Kielle damaging his poor brain again.

He puts a hand on his head, confused, rubbing the part where she hit him. "My memories are fuzzy," he softly mumbles, "I just remember being stuck in the darkness. But I can hear Cousin's voice;  I can hear (Y/N)'s voice. The last thing I can remember is— is—"

Kielle tries his best recalling his memories, but his head hurts. His head somehow hurts. The girl realizes what's happening to him. She stops him with a concerned look writted all over her face.

"Hey; hey—"

Peach pats him on the back. "It's fine— It's fine— You don't have to force yourself," she gently whispers. He whimpers as he clutches onto his head. You eventually perceive what's going on.  You take off your earphones while you turn your attention towards them.

Yelping as you see his state, you immediately try to help. "Kielle?" you call out.

His golden eyes are instantly on you; tears can be seen building in the corners of his eyes. "(Y/N)." Noting the worried look over your face;  he smiles a painful smile. "I'm alright. It does not hurt that much anymore," that silver haired man eventually squeezes out... as he later inhales and exhales to calm himself down. While your friend and you observe Kielle do that, you're mentally drowning in chaos.

What are you supposed to do? What are you— "I—I'm going to get you a glass of water," you stutter out while standing up from the bed. Kielle silently nods to you as your friend gives you a look of concern. She's about to come along with you, but you make him stay.  "Go take care of him," you quietly say as you hurry yourself out from your room.

Silence.

"She really does care for me, huh." Kielle says, but it's mostly directed to himself. Peach nods with a tiny grin. "Yes, (Y/N) does."Her grin gets a little wider and more playful once a brilliant idea lights up her mind. "Cause she's your girlfriend, silly! — before you get into your accident."

She giggles, evilly laughing inside.

Golden eyes are blinking. As soon as the silver- haired young man processes that into his mind, his face turns crimson red. Girlfriend? What? He opens his lips. But Kielle closes it again, not knowing how to reply to that. Sure he did feel like that he lost a part of his memories. Butt having you as his girlfriend, that sounds untrue— Kielle thinks you're too good; too good for him to own you.

"T— that's a lie," Kielle stutters.

Peach pinches his red cheeks. "Maybe not so much, my dear cousin." A few minutes later, you come back. Once your eyes meet his golden ones, Kielle strangely tilts his eyes away from you. His face's somehow burning. Hm? You eye Peach, and she's just giving you that wide grin.

Suspiscious...

"Are you okay now, Kielle?" you gently ask him while offering him his glass of water. He nods, but he doesn't look at you as he does. Weird. But you let him. Though you're quite curious with what the cousins were talking earlier, you don't want to force the words out of him. It might just give the poor boy a headache.

"Do you think they are coming back soon?" you turn to Peach who gives you, for a moment, a puzzled look. It doesn't take long for your friend to understand what you meant, and she smiles. "Yeah, they probably will. I only don't know what time they will come back." You nod to Peach's honest answers. Listening to you both girls, the silver haired man has his attention perked up.

"They?"

Kielle quietly questions, feeling stupid for not knowing who they are talking about. Peach smiles and places her hand on her cousin's shoulder. "Alessio and—" coughs. "Fucking Dante." Kielle's eyes widen; his cousin is not really the type to curse, so he's surprised.

"Fuck— king?" he echoes.

You cover your mouth and softly slaps Peach in her arm. "Shouldn't curse in front of an innocent kid," you scold your friend, and Peach doesn't seem to mind it. Instead, Peach laughs.

"Innocent, huh?"

You blush and turn your gaze to the floor.  "I don't know."

"I was so used to Kielle being cute and innocent and—  " You press your lips, struggling to seal your mouth before you can embarrass yourself further from that man. Kielle hears it all and chuckles— Maybe he isn't the one who is innocent. Maybe it's you who is the innocent one— And definitely the cute one.

Hearing his chuckles, your face turns red.

Yep, you're totally embarrassing yourself. You're doing great, (Y/N), you sarcastically say to yourself while you facepalm yourself.