Chapter 9 [ Part 3 ]

==== Chapter 9 [ Part 3 ] ====

Reaching your hand out to grab a red ballpen from your pen holder, you realize that it isn't there; so instead, you grab your other blue ballpen and use it for your artwork. And no, you aren't really a very artistic person; but you sometimes tend to copy draw some anime characters or random stuff at all.

You smile when it is finally finished, capturing your art later into a photo with your phone. "Is that your Sebby?" Your dad asks from behind you, causing you to almost scream from his sudden appearance.

"Dad!" you gasp out, placing your hand over the part in your chest where your heart beats so abnormally fast. A scowl's thrown at your father's direction. You breathe in and then exhale.

"You nearly gave me a heart attack, Dad."

Dad disregards your words as he squints his (E/C) eyes several times at your art drawing. "Isn't he supposed to have red eyes? Why is it blue?" You pout and shrug. "I can't find my red ball pen. That's why." You proceed to focus your attention on your phone, posting that picture. Meanwhile, your dad carefully grabs your artwork. Dad smiles, almost looking proud.

"You should try drawing Claude next time."

"Dad!!! You're weird."

"I know."

Your father tilts his head to you, giving you that massive smirk. He knows that you despise Claude Faustus alot in the anime known as Black Butler. And he's just annoying you by saying that. But you can't believe it though. Even your dad hated him when he watched the series with you. And now, he's annoying you by saying his name. You let out a pout.

"How about you try and draw him?"

Suddenly, in a second, you found yourself engulfed in an embrace. "Oh, sweetie, I'm just joking you." Your father chuckles. You roll your eyes; your face is still pressed on his chest.

You gently hit him. "Shut up."

"Okay, I'll shut up." Dad smiles while patting you in the back, simply disregarding the punch you keep on giving him.

It is Friday morning. It is supposed to be a happy Friday morning; but when you see Ashes in your door step, you frown. "You again?!" You point at him with that look of devastation, and he smiles that bright smile, placing that hand of his on top of your head.

"Yes, (Y/N). It's me again."

He pats and pats; and you stare at him, simply in shock. Your dad appears and sees the both of you in that weird position. He doesn't seem mad though; Dad only grins, cooing over the both of us interacting.

"Aw, you guys look like siblings!"

More like a couple, Ashes mentally whispers to himself, correcting the statement their dad has said. But instead of saying the words out loud, he retreats his hand and greets their father. "Dad," he shortly acknowledged, and Father beams in delight.

"Ashes, you came! I am glad that you have accepted my request. It's really an emergency, so I was hoping—"The red haired man waves it off and is in fact happy that Dad has asked him to bring you to school. Is it not amazing?! Your dad trusts him a lot. He entrusts him you with him.

He half-smiles. Ashes allows himself to enter the house, gently closing the door behind him.

"It's nothing, Dad," he says.

You bite the inside of your cheeks while your dad answers back to him with a fond smile. "Thank you, Son."

It seems like they're really getting along, you think.

You do not know if that's a good thing, but you do assume that it's a good thing, right?

"You won't replace me with Ashes, right?" you suddenly ask, shocking the two males before you. Your own father chuckles and is about to joke but halts when he sees your serious expression. He gives a small smile and places his hand on your arm.

"Of course not, (Y/N)."

You stay silent to his answer as you decide to go back to the dining room— planning to finally finish the plate of two pancakes mixed with maple syrup. While you do go ahead, your dad rubs the back of his neck.

"I'm sorry about that, Son."

Ashes's gaze remains on the place where you have been last standing. "No, it's okay," he whispers, feeling slight guilty for making you feel that way. "I should be the one who's supposed to be sorry. I might be intruding you and your daughter's life.."

...And Ashes indeed feels sorry, but is he feeling enough sorry that he'll leave you and your dad alone? No, not at all.. He can fix what you feel about that. Ashes...He will make you see him as your family, as your lover, and as your other half.

Just wait, (Y/N). We'll get there soon.