Chapter 18 [ Part 5 ]

===== Chapter 18 [ Part 5 ] =====

8:30 P.M.

"Didn't I make a promise to you, (Y/N),
that I will never ever let you go?"

"I'll come back for you, (Y/N).
                                   I promise..."

"I to you too, (Y/N)...
                                  I will never ever leave you alone."

You squeeze your pillow harder as you hear countless of voices faintly murmuring to your mind. You try to shove their voices back, but the gesture only ends up in futility. Whispers from the past continue to torment you, making you sweat in your sleep; and when you cannot take those nightmares anymore, you snap your (E/C) eyes open and find no one...

No Ashes..

No Kielle..

No one at all...

[ Flashback ]

5: 04 P.M.

His words cause you to stop struggling from his hold. You are now flinching in fear. You don't know what happened. You have no idea why he is acting like this right now, but maybe what Hash Brown told you is true. "Kielle. Kielle, snap out of it," you whisper, trying to coax him out from whatever he is in; but Kielle only smiles while he presses his face in your hair. Oh how your scent drives him to the edge of insanity.

You turn to Hash for help, but Hash himself doesn't even know what to do. Should he try and pull you away?! The man tries to take a single step closer, but Kielle's glaring golden orbs threaten him to stay away from them. "I will look for help!!" Hash Brown stutters to you then quickly runs off. But Alessio—oh, Alessio who happens to stand from the sidelines observing your movements right from the start won't leave you.

He reveals himself and pulls out a gun. Silver orbs glint with unconcealed anger. His sudden appearance and his current demeanor scare you, but you're scared more for Kielle's life even though he is making you uneasy right now by his rather strange behavior. Clear fear is shown over your face; his silver eyes soften for a second, but it hardens upon seeing the arms around your body. Anger seizes him again.

"Let go of her, Ponce."

Ponce

Ponce

Ponce

The name Ponce brings him back to his past.

"Ponce, you're such a trash!" Uncle beats him and kicks him. So heartlessly. So mercilessly. "I do not see why my daughter loves you so much when you are nothing but a fucking rat!!" The poor boy is already spitting out some blood, but his uncle does not fucking care. This garbage deserves the beating!

Stealing his daughter and this guy also dared to make his daughter turn against her father! Why in the world did he even consider to adopt this son of a whore?!

Kielle Ponce pleads his uncle to stop. Tears are flowing down his golden eyes. That rare shade of color's truly a gorgeous color, but it only makes his uncle more angry. Kicking him hard in the stomach again, the uncle gives some laugh out upon seeing his pathetic state.