New Amazon

AUTHOR'S POV

We are in year 2119. In a new world that they call "New Amazon". And in that world exists a city, "The Safe Heaven" where, a long time ago, a group of rebels had fought against an organisation called "WICKED" who had used them like lab rats,and also against a virus named "the flare". At the end of this fight, the group had won their freedom. Many members of the group died for them to get this far. But they found this place, the safe heaven, to rebuild themselves and live a life that they deserved. And, because of them, humanity is still existing today. In this new world, the medicine system has much more evolved. We can now prevent the Flare and cure it immediately with a vaccine. So no more people get infected now and life is going on as the virus never existed.

________________________

" I got you!"

Newt was at his locker and a boy rushed to him and grabbed him by behind.

Newt: Adam??

He didn't' had time to finish his sentence that Adam kissed him.

Him: What?? We have been dating for two years now and you are saying that I can't show you my affection to you at school?

Newt laugh

Him: No it's not that! I told you that I would be back to your locker the time I went take my things for next class.

Adam looked at the binder Newt has in his hands.

Him: it looks like I must been distracted you because you have the wrong binder. We are not going in math blondie we are going on history.

Newt rolled his eyes and Adam laughed.

Newt: (with a sarcastic tone) yeah, you know what? It must have been your handsome brown hair and your bright smile that have must been distracted me.

He kissed Adam who was still thinking about he just said and Newt took his hand.

Newt: C'mon love we are going to be late for our class.

And, hands in hands, they went to the history class.

____________________

The history teacher: As we know, the group of rebels reached "the last city" in 2018 to fought their last fight against the W.I.C.K.E.D and to release a friend of them who was trap there and who was suffering from the experimentations that this organisation did on him. But, on their way in, a girl, Teresa discovered a cure : the blood of the leader of the rebels was the cure for everyone. After the destruction of the city, survivors found the sample of the cure. Some of them were scientists and made the cure that they injected to everyone after testing on them. So, if we are here today, it's because Teresa saved us. We should be forever grateful to her for that.

A hand was raised.

The teacher: Yes Newt?

Him: I...I don't understand. How can we see that girl as a hero? I mean I never met that girl and I'm sure she was very smart to find the cure that has been used for us after but.. Why it isn't the leader of the movement the hero? I mean it's his blood that saved human race.

The teacher: The thing you have to understand Newt, as for everyone in this class, it's that Thomas, the leader, didn't like the W.I.C.K.E.D at all and didn't want them to make tests on him. In fact, he escaped after the first experimental test, the maze as we talked last week. So they never could find out that he was the cure. Only Teresa had the courage to take blood from him and make some test because she was close to him, she was his childhood friend. That's why we need to recognise her as our hero.

"So Thomas, that what is name was" Newt thought

Newt: But.. why in two months of this history classes where we were talking about this movement you never mentioned his name?

The teacher: The class is running late we will talk about it next class. Good afternoon everyone and don't forget to do your reading about how the rebels defeated the W.I.C.K.E.D

______________________

Newt left the class clueless. Why the teacher never told them about this leader? Why?

His boyfriend noticed his concerns and wrapped his arm around his shoulders.

Him: Don't worry hon. I think I have the solution to cheer you up!

Newt: Oh really?

Adam brightly smiled

Him: Yes!! I was thinking about go to the safe heaven historical site after classes with you! You know we can spent the night there I bring some snacks and we can sleep with the stars watching us!

Newt wasn't very exited about this idea. He didn't know why but something in his mind was telling that it was a bad idea. But, seen his boyfriend doing big efforts to make him happy just made him want to forget this thought.

Newt: Oh really???

Newt wrapped his arms around Adam neck and kissed him.

Newt: I think I have the best boyfriend in the world!!

______________________

After classes, Adam was waiting for his boyfriend outside of the school with all the things they needed to spend a lovely night together.

Newt finally got out of the school and they started walking in direction of the sanctuary. The Safe Heaven City was in the middle of the Island and the sanctuary was on the border, where the rebels found it fist.

After few hours of walking they were finally arrived.

Hey guys! I'm sorry that I've been inactive for so long but now with my summer break I will write more. I tried this concept because Outlander is one of my favourite series and I really wanted to do something that had links with it! I hope you will enjoy it:)