[2] Monarchical Table

➷ Third Person

A suffocating silence filled the spacious transitional interior-designed dining hall. The tanned skinned korean guy tried his best to hide his fidgeting hands under the long dining table.

He look down but obliviously steal a glance from each one of the Kang's in his peripheral vision.

"Shall we pray before we eat?" the oldest Kang in the mansion stated, completely breaking the silence.

Jeongwoo look up to the middle-age man who is now closing his eyes with his head hung low and seems to be uttering a prayer as a gesture of being thankful for the food served in front of them. But the unholy ones stared at the table blankly as if they heard an ant speak. Soon, the oldest kang look up and smiled as he motioned everyone to dig in.

"Don't be shy jeongwoo, just eat whatever you want and make yourself comfortable. Oh, if you want any food in particular just tell me, we'll have Chef Lim to do the work." Kang Daniel explained at the young man, jeongwoo smiled in return and muttered a shy 'thanks'.

"He must be really out of his mind to let a slave eat with the royal. Pathetic." the black haired japanese guy muttered in a low voice, but everyone seems to get a hold of what he just said.

Jeongwoo choke on his water upon hearing the insult, Kang Daniel on the other hand, put down the silver utensils and intently throw serious glances at the youngest Kang.

"I am not please with the arrogance haruto." Daniel stated, leaning back at his seat and lightly shaking the wine glass in an elegant manner.

The laid back Yoonbin just shrug of the tension and continued chewing his food, yedam hummed to the song as he ate with his earpods on, asahi just stared blankly at haruto and to the offended jeongwoo. Yoshinori tilted his head from one side to another, expressing a disapproval. Jihoon just flash a sly smile remembering the hilarious reaction of the Iksan guy to the white rats scattered at latter's bedroom earlier. While junkyu calmly poured the classic red wine on his crystal clear wine glass, not giving a damn about what is happening.

"Arrogance runs in our blood." haruto answered with a calm smile and chewed the medium grilled beef.

Daniel is about to speak when jeongwoo interrupted.

"I'm sorry to dive in the conversation Mr. Kang, but i don't think arrogance is something to be proud of." the iksan guy answered as he bowed to the oldest Kang in apology and shifted his gaze at the arrogant one to shot his attack, jeongwoo mentally cursed for diving in at the conversation. He's doomed.

A look of interest evident on Daniel's eyes as he eyed jeongwoo and haruto who's exchanging unimpressed glances at each other, yoonbin let out an amused smile and soon replaced by a smirk. Yedam remove one of his earpods, a gesture of interest on the raging drama.

Jihoon furrow his brows at the tanned while yoshinori smiled at the iksan guy. Junkyu listened in silence still immersed in eating, while asahi showed no interest at the drama 'Notify me when someone throw daggers already' he thought.

"I'm really impressed with science." haruto blurted out of the blue, jeongwoo furrow his brows at the arrogant japanese.

While yedam tilted his head a little and placed the earpods in his ears again. He knows that haruto is now up to shot his insult for the surprisingly courageous guy.

Haruto meticulously wiped his lips using the white cloth and stood up from his seat.

"Just imagine how good they are for being able to make dogs speak. They deserve a round of hungarian clap." haruto added and flash his most annoying grin of victory to jeongwoo, he bowed to the oldest Kang as he gave his sweetest smile.