[34] If I stay

➷ Third Person

The classy ambiance and calming instrumental music welcomed the two males as they went inside the sophisticated venue. Bunch of unfamiliar faces made the sun-kissed Korean nervous, everyone looks extravagant and reserved. Contrary to the calming music, his heart beats faster and louder.

A dazzling chandelier dangling in the middle of the venue. From table clothing and interior, everything is covered with black and white— making it look more elegant. Even the catered food are not familiar to Jeongwoo. Everything feels foreign but he tried to ignore it, encouraging himself that it's okay as long as he's with Haruto.

"Mom." The tall Japanese muttered, nonchalant.

The aforementioned woman smiled. Gracefully nodding towards his son while sending light glares to the Korean. "I told you to escort Akiyah, didn't i?"

"I don't want to." Haruto answered blankly. Kang Ah Ria forced out a smile, feeling irritated and impatient.

"Suit yourself, let's see how everything will work later."

With that, the woman left. Haruto gave an assuring smile to Jeongwoo while they tried to find his cousins who arrived earlier than them. Jeongwoo only smiled as he watch Haruto greet back some guest who obviously looks like business inclined people.

Slowly realizing that they really belong to two different worlds but Haruto is enough for him. He knows he's making the right choice by choosing to be with Haruto. The older has always been enough for Jeongwoo and he hope the older thinks and feels the same.

Jeongwoo's lips curve into a smile upon the sight of Ong Seongwu waving at him. He greeted the older back by bowing politely towards his direction. Ignoring the grinning female Japanese behind.

"Woo, can you wait for me here? Uncle Daniel is calling me. I'll be quick."

With a small nod, Jeongwoo smiled. "Go ahead, i'll be right here."

His eyes explore the beauty of the venue. Inhaling the cold breeze of the air conditioner while his hands clasped together to ease the coldness. Munching his lips in slight nervousness, only if he can bring Yeongue with him then maybe he won't feel too nervous.

Even the servers looks decent. One of the waiters bowed to him and placed a drink in front of him- probably some cocktail drink. Jeongwoo gently lift up the glass and inhaled the strong scent of the drink.

"It's a vodka." He whispered to himself. As if he has a choice, Jeongwoo hold his breath and take a sip of the strong beverage.

The effect immediately kicks on his throat and stomach. Too hot. He flinch a little when a familiar figure greeted him with a wide smile.

"Long time no see Jeongwoo hyung." The mahogany haired guy greeted. Jeongwoo greeted him back, examining the younger's features. He looks completely different, more formal and matured.

"Why are you here?" Jeongwoo blurted out. Junghwan stared at him for a second before realizing what he just said.

With an awkward smile, Jeongwoo waved his hand and scratch his nape. "I mean, its a victory party of the Kangs. I wonder what brings you here?"

"Oh, actually—"

"Junghwan! I've been looking for you." A certain female Japanese interrupted their conversation. Jeongwoo shifted his gaze from Junghwan to Akiyah, his eyes full of confusion.