[24] The Absence of his Presence

Third Person

There are times we wished that the clock would stop ticking so we can seize the moment. In reality, everything passes by easily, there are things that we want to experience again despite knowing the fact that its already a memory. At the end of the day we can only look back and never gets the chance to be in that same moment again. It is called 'reality' for a reason.

From the moment jeongwoo opened his eyes he knew for sure that haruto is gone. The tan-skinned korean stared at the empty space beside him, the sun is up and shining brightly as usual but it was the other way around for jeongwoo. He get up heavily and arranged the lightly crumpled quilt. He sighs in every movement, probably not a good gesture to start the day.  He is about to leave the room when he saw a blue envelop neatly placed at the coffee table, a smile curved on his lips.

Its a letter from haruto.

Jeongwoo,
Goodmorning slave! Since you're reading this now, for sure i already left the mansion and probably heading now to translyvania. I didn't bother to wake you up since you are sleeping soundly like an angel, who am i to disturb your sweet dreams hahaha. Don't be sad and don't miss me too much yeah? I'll be back, but while im away those rats will take care of you and keep you accompanied. Don't hang out with junghwan too much. I'll call you when we arrived at the place. Smile jeongwoo-yah!

All of a sudden jeongwoo felt giddy and relieved, he goes on with his usual morning routine while humming to a song. Even yeongue raise a brow when he saw how blooming jeongwoo is. Its a peaceful sunday morning, everything goes normal as usual but it feels empty for some unknown reason.

"Just exactly how long does it take to get there?" jeongwoo whispered to himself. Yedam, who's eyes are fixed on the book, look up and averted his gaze to the younger.

"14 hours jeongwoo, calm your ass and wait patiently."

His lips automatically form into a pout, its only eight in the morning, haruto left the mansion at exactly 4am. Jeongwoo sighed upon the thought of waiting for another 10 hours, it sucks. He decided to entertain himself by watching some sitcom, cleaning his own room, talking to his mom, helping the servers, bugging butler han, and even tried to play games on his phone but nothing changes.

"I miss him already." he blurted out, asahi stared blankly at him.

"Thats the 8th time jeongwoo." the usual quiet japanese stated using his 'as-a-matter-of-fact' facial expression.

"Go clean his room if you miss him that much, you whipped potato." jihoon advice— throwing a teasing smile to the younger, as if on cue, jeongwoo's eyes lit up.

Its a good idea for him, he quickly stood up and bid a temporary goodbye to the Kangs. When he arrived in front of the room, he lightly held the door knob and entered the room quietly. He throw himself to the soft mattress, stretching his arms against the spacious bed and closing his eyes to inhale the calming scent of the older that is left in the room.

"This makes me miss him even more, i wonder if he feels the same way."

"I have to be like this for two to three weeks."

"What am i gonna do with my life?"

"Wait, that sounds weird. Its not like we are a real thing."

"No jeongwoo, you don't like him, stop being dumb."

The frustrated korean pulled his hair and bury his face on his palm. He's being irrational again, as to what he always say. He get up and started cleaning the room, jeongwoo started to vacuum the blue velvety carpet under the wooden coffee table then proceed in sweeping the marble tiles. After that, he decided to clean the bathroom and organized the walk-in closet. He neatly arranged everything based on color and clothing type, he also cleaned the narra shoe rack.