12

Roman woke up the next morning to the smell of pancakes. He vaguely remembered telling Patton that he could use the kitchen last night.

Roman rolled out of bed and opened his door right as Virgil came out of his room. The Garuda's hair and feathers were a complete mess. Virgil yawned and made his way down the hall, giving Roman a small smile. Roman's face went as red as his pyjamas.

Roman followed Virgil out to the kitchen, where Logan was already sitting at the table. Patton was cooking a breakfast of pancakes, scrambled eggs, and bacon.

"Hey kiddos! What do you want to eat?" Patton asked, flipping a pancake.

"Anything without eggs." Virgil said, flopping down on one of the chairs.

Patton grimaced, "I'm sorry about last time."

Virgil laughed lightly, "You didn't know Dad, it's fine."

"But I should have known..." Patton pouted, "you're literally half bird."

"Hey." Virgil said, sitting up, "Its okay, really."

Patton sighed, "alright. Well, the pancakes don't have eggs in them and neither does the bacon."

"Sounds perfect." Virgil said, leaning back again.

"Okie-dokie! Roman? How about you?" Patton asked.

Roman shrugged, "I'll have a bit of everything."

"Okay! Lo?" Patton said, dishing up two plates.

"Just eggs and bacon." Logan told the fawn.

"Alright, here you go kiddos!" Patton giggled, setting out their plates.

They ate in silence for a while. Then Logan posed a rather important question.

"Roman, how are we going to fit into the human world?"

Roman hummed, "well, you look like a human already so you're good. Virgil just needs something to hide his wings and Patton really just needs to dress human like."

"How will we do that kiddo?" Patton asked, tilting his head.

Roman grinned, "I think we should take a trip to the mall."

"The... mall?" Virgil asked, "what's that."

"Its a huge building with a bunch of shops in it and loads of people go there to shop for stuff." Roman explained.

"People?" Virgil groaned, "frickin great."

Roman took Virgil's hand, "It'll be fine. You can borrow some of my clothes while we search for some of your own."

Virgil's hand tightened around Roman's fingers, "You sure?"

Roman nodded. Virgil gave him another small smile.

"Okay." Virgil whispered, leaning his head on Roman's shoulder.

Logan looked between the two of them, "are you two together?"

Roman's face went bright red. Were they together? They did kiss, but that could mean anything.

"I guess..." Virgil said, a light pink dusting his cheeks, "we haven't really talked about it yet, so we'll get back to you."

Roman let out a small laugh. It was going to be fun having them all around. He hoped.