39

Virgil was laying on something soft. Someone was humming quietly and was alternating between playing with his hair and rubbing his wings. He sighed and the humming stopped.

"Virge? Are you awake love?"

Virgil's eyes snapped open, "R-ro?"

Roman smiled down at him, "hello love."

Tears came to Virgil's eyes, "I-I thought you died... y-you were s-shot... I-I tried to s-save you..."

"And you did Virge," Roman whispered, carding his fingers through the Garuda's wings, "You saved me."

Virgil sobbed and Roman pulled him into a gentle hug. Virgil clung onto Roman's shirt, afraid he'd dissapear if he let go.

"What happened to you?" Roman asked quietly.

"T-the other Garudas... I was put on trial..." Virgil took a deep breath, "Garudas aren't the nicest species..."

"Is that why you're covered in clawmarks and have a fractured leg?" Roman wiped away the tears on Virgil's face.

Virgil nodded and closed his eyes, leaning into Roman. Roman kissed the top of his head and held him.

"Are you hungry love?" Roman asked after a few moments.

Virgil nodded.

Roman smiled and reached for his phone, "Okay, I'll text Logan and tell him you're up and hungry. Did you know he got a phone?"

Virgil laughed and nodded, "yeah, he got it, like, a month ago."

Roman smiled and kissed him hard, "I love you."

Virgil looked up at him with a small smile, "I love you too Ro."