36

T.W.: blood, shooting, panic

Roman smiled brightly as he lead his boyfriends into the theater.

"I've saved you the best seats! Front row!" Roman told them as he rant up to the stage.

Remy paused pushing Deceit's wheelchair and smirked, combing his fingers through the Naga's hair, "so we'll get a great view of you when you introduce the play, nice."

Roman smiled and winked. Virgil settled himself next to Patton and Logan, who had already sat down.

"How many people do you think there's gonna be?" Virgil asked quietly, fidgeting with his sleeves.

"I don't know." Roman said, "we're doing a gay Romeo and Juliet, called Reyanne and Juliet, but I know there's more than a few unaccepting people in this town."

"It'll be okay kiddo." Patton snuggled into the Garuda's side, giving him a peek on the cheek.

"And I cannot wait to see the costumes you designed, Virge." Logan smiled, reaching behind Patton to take Virgil's hand.

"Same here." Remy said, taking a sip of the drink he smuggled in.

Logan frowned, "Rem you're not allowed to have drinks in here."

Roman chuckled and kissed Logan's forhead, "it's okay love, I allowed him."

"So you're giving special treatment then?" Joan asked, walking out from backstage, "Come one Sanders, you have some last minute stuff to do."

"Okay, I'll be there in a sec." Roman called, then blew a kiss to his boyfriends, "I'll see you soon loves."

Roman left and soon the theater started filling up. Virgil was happy he was sandwiched between his boyfriends, that is if Remy would stop touching his wings. Logan noticed and carded his fingers through Remy's hair, making the Sandman freeze, then melt.

The lights in the house suddenly dimmed, signaling the start of the play. But before it started, Roman walked out.

"Welcome ladies, lords and non-binary royalty!" Roman smiled into microphone, "tonight we have a spectacular play to show you! So I am proud to introduce-"

There was a scream. Loud gunshots rang through the air. The crowd ran in frenzy. Someone knocked over Deceit's wheelchair, the blanket falling off to show his tail. Patton was curled into a ball, shaking.

Virgil felt his panic rise. Logan was trying to protect Patton and ground him, while also trying to ignore the smell of blood filling the air. Remy was helping Deceit off the ground and trying to keep him calm. Virgil looked around for Roman.

Crimson liquid dripped from the edge of the stage. Virgil watched a drop fall slowly to the ground. A ringing filled his ears as the red bead dropped silently to the ground.

Then everything came back.

"ROMAN!" Virgil screamed, his wings ripping through his hoodie to launch himself on the stage.

Virgil cradled his boyfriends body, "Ro, Ro can you hear me?"

"V-virge?" Roman gasped.

"You're gonna be okay, you're gonna be okay Ro." Virgil repeated, pressing down on the bullet wounds on Roman's stomach.

There was so much blood, so much screaming. Everything was too much.

"Virge?" Remy placed his hands on the Garuda's shoulders, "he's not going to make it. He's lost too much blood."

"NO!" Virgil yelled, "No! There has to be a way! I just have to think!"

"Virgil listen to me." Remy said, holding back sobs, "You have to face it. This would have happened sooner or later, he's mortal. We have much longer lifespans and-"

"Mortal!" Virgil exclaimed, "That's it!"

"Virgil no!" Deceit snapped, "Don't even think about that!"

"I have to! It's the only way!" Virgil yelled.

He picked up Roman and launched himself into the air, flying out without another word.

"Wait! What are you talking about!?" Remy asked.

Deceit sighed, "he's going to steal the cup of immortality."