45

T.W.: blood, death

It had been quiet for a few weeks, but Remy was on edge. He saw a Sandwoman a few days ago, watching him take a walk with Roman and Virgil. Remy knew they were going to  make a move soon. He just didn't expect it to be so soon.

Logan and Dee were talking, more like sucking faces, out in the backyard. Patton and Roman were in the kitchen making pasta, and making out, while Virgil was asleep on Remy's lap.

Suddenly, the doorbell rang, startling everyone who was inside and waking Virge.

"I'll get it." Remy sighed, giving Virgil a quick kiss.

Remy opened the door and froze.

"Hello Remington." An older woman spoke.

Remy glared at her, "Sadira."

The Sandman heard Patton come up behind him.

"Hey Rem, who's this?" Patton asked, slipping his hand into Remy's.

Sadira glanced down at their hands and scoffed, "I am Remington's superior. And I have orders from my superiors to take him."

"Take him where?" Patton asked, starting to get nervous.

"Nowhere." Remy said firmly, "I'm not leaving again."

"Reming-"

"No!" Remy interrupted, "I'm not leaving my boyfriends and that's final."

Sadira made a face, "Fine then. We'll just kill them."

"What!?" Patton screamed, right before the Sandwoman threw a spear of golden sand out.

Remy waved his hand and a shield of sand protected Patton.

"Patt, run." Remy said.

Four more Sandmen appeared.

"Step aside Remington." The shortest commanded.

Remy grit his teeth, "No."

The short one sighed, "We really didn't want to hurt you Remington."

"You're not hurting my boyfriends either." Remy spat.

The short Sandman suddenly blasted a jet of sand at Remy, knocking him back into the kitchen where Patton and Roman were. Remy rolled and hit the back door, alerting Logan and Deceit. Virgil curled himself into the corner of the couch as the five Sandpeople entered the home.

Remy shot spikes of sand up at the Sandpeople, who created their own shields and weapons.

"Remy! What's going on?" Logan asked, entering the house with Deceit right behind him.

Remy quickly stood and positioned himself infront of his boyfriends, "just stay back."

One of the Sandpeople threw a spear at Virgil. Remy quickly countered by pulling up a wall of sand. Golden sand wrapped around Patton and pulled him toward the Sandpeople. The fawn screamed. Remy could only helplessly watch as his boyfriends all got trapped in sand.

Sadira slowly pulled Roman in front of her.

"A human?" She growled.

"Leave him alone." Remy panted, tears filling his eyes.

"And if I don't?" Sadira smirked, pulling out a knife and holding it to Roman's neck.

"Stop." The short Sandman said, "let's give him a chance to prove himself."

"How?" Sadira spat.

The short Sandman created four orbs of glittering black sand, "Nightmares."

Remy sucked in a breath.

"Remington, prove yourself worthy by placing your... boyfriends under a deep nightmare or we will kill them and then you." The short one stated.

"No." Remy protested, "I'm not going to hurt my boyfriends for your sick game."

"Rem," Patton whispered, "it's okay, we trust you."

Virgil gave him a comforting smile, as did Deceit.

Logan smiled as well, "it's only for a little while Rem, we can handle it."

Remy squeezed his eyes shut, tears rolling down his face. He reached out his hand.

"Fine."

The short Sandman gave Remy the marble sized orbs of nightmares. Remy slowly turned to his boyfriends. He raised his hand.

"I'm so sorry." He whispered.

The black orbs shot into Logan, Patton, Virgil and Deceit. The four crumpled to the ground, twitching.

Remy slowly turned to the other Sandpeople, "happy?"

The short one hummed, "No. Kill the human."

"No!"

Remy darted forward, but it was too late. Sadira slid the knife quickly over Roman's throat.

Remy fell to his knees beside Roman. There was so much blood. Roman was struggling to breathe, making pitiful gasps as his airway filled with crimson liquid.

"Roman..." Remy sobbed, his voice breaking, "Ro, you're gonna be okay, I'm gonna help you, you're gonna be fine."

"About that." The short one said, "You didn't pass. Sadira, kill him and the others."

"No-!" Remy started.

Sadira smirked at him, then quickly pulled the knife out of his stomach. Remy fell back against the ground. He watched Sadira hover over Patton.

Remy felt rage wash over him. His eyes went black and a wave of black sand cut Sadira's head clean off. Her body crumbled into golden sand.

Remy slowly stood up, a curtain of black sand following him. He walked over to the other Sandpeople and raised his arm. Black tendrils stabbed through them, piercing their hearts, and they crumbled into golden dust.

The darkness faded from Remy's eyes. He fell to his knees. Then his stomach. He heard screaming and coughing from his boyfriends. Remy's eyes slipped closed, bringing him into darkness.