29

Logan walked out of the house, not focusing on where he was going. He had a lot to think about. His boyfriend kissed another man, but for some reason he wasn't to mad about that. It was the fact that Patton had the idea to keep it from him that made him angry.

Logan was so lost in his thoughts that he wasn't watching where he was going. He ran right into someone, startling them both.

"Woah! Hey there, you okay? You look a bit lost babe?" The person asked.

Logan nodded quickly, "yes, I'm fine, apologies for running into you."

"Are you sure babe?" The person asked again.

"Yes, I'm quite sure." Logan said quickly.

The person smiled, "Then can I have a name?"

"Logan." He said, holding out a hand.

The person took it,  but didn't shake it. Instead they lifted it to their face and looked at Logan's bracelet.

"Merman." The person said bluntly.

Logan quickly retracted his hand, "W-what!?"

The person chuckled, "Its cool babe, but that means your name isn't excactly 'Logan' is it?"

Logan's face flushed red as the person leaned in. He stumbled over his words as his mind went blank.

The person chuckled again, "Well if you don't tell me, then you can just call me Sleep."

Sleep winked and flicked some golden sand on Logan's nose before walking off. The merman blinked and quickly rubbed it off.

"Wait!" He called to Sleep, "Would you, um, like to get some coffee? At some time?"

Sleep hummed, "how about tomorrow at the cafe on the corner? Two o'clock?"

Logan smiled, "Sounds wonderful."

Sleep smirked, "Its a date."

Sleep walked away with a wink, leaving a flustered Logan in the middle of the sidewalk.

That made something flutter in Logan's stomach. The same feelings he had around Patton came to the surface.

Shit.