40

Logan was comforting Patton when he got a text.

"Virgil's awake." Logan told the fawn.

"What!" Patton shot up, "oh my goodness he's probably hungry! Do we have any leftover pancakes!?"

Patton jumped up and ran to the kitchen, looking for something to give Virgil. Logan chuckled and got up as well, heading to Virgil's and Roman's room. He knocked quietly before opening the door.

"Salutations Virge." Logan said quietly, moving to sit on the bed and brushing the hair out of Virgil's eyes, "how are you feeling?"

"Tired and hungry." Virgil rubbed his eye, leaning against Roman, "and my leg hurts a little."

Logan smiled softly and kissed Virgil's hand, "that was a stupid thing to do Virge."

"Yeah I know, I know." Virgil sighed, "Deceit's going to give me an earful for this."

Roman chuckled, "I think he'll just be happy you're awake."

Virgil smiled and closed his eyes. Just then, Patton opened the door with a tray full of pancakes, fruit, and a glass of orange juice.

Patton smiled at the Garuda, "Hey kiddo, I got you some food."

Virgil took the tray, "Thanks Patt."

Patton crawled up on the bed and curled up next to Virgil, carding his fingers through the Garuda's hair. Logan squeezed Virgil's hand and stood up.

"I'll get you some pain meds." Logan whispered, leaving the door open a crack.

Virgil nodded and took a bite of the pancakes. A few moments later, Logan returned with Deceit and Remy behind him.

"Hello loves." Roman said while Virgil finished his bite.

"Hey." Remy smiled, kissing Roman softly, "Hey Virge."

Virgil smiled, "Hey Rem."

Logan handed him a few pills, "here, this should help."

"Thanks L." Virgil said, quickly swallowing them.

"Are you okay?" Deceit asked, his tail shifting nervously, causing the light to dance on his scales.

Virgil nodded and leaned into Patton, who was still playing with his hair, "Yeah, I'm okay."

"Okay." Deceit took a breath, "Then how on earth could you be such an idiot! You could have lost your wings! Hell, you could have been killed! Then what would we have done?! We would have lost both of you. I-I don't want to lose you..."

Everyone was taken back by Deceit's outburst. The Naga quickly wiped at his eyes.

"I-I'm sorry Dee..." Virgil whimpered, "I-I wasn't thinking... I didn't want to lose anyone either..."

Deceit pulled Virgil into a hug. Virgil hugged him back tightly, giving a quick kiss to the side of his head. Roman hugged them both, soon joined by the Patton, Logan, then Remy.

Deceit sighed contently. Virgil ran his fingers through the Naga's hair and Deceit melted.

Eventually, Deceit and Virgil fell asleep, so the others left them cuddling on the bed.