27

"Rem, what are you doing here?" Patton asked quietly, shuffling his hooves but not moving any closer.

"I'm delivering dreams babe." Remy responded, "that's been my job for the past hundred years."

Patton hung his head, fidgeting with his fingers, "Did you miss us? T-the heard?"

Remy nodded, "Every damn day."

There was silence.

"How is the heard?" Remy asked, playing with the strap of his bag.

Patton sighed, "Dead. Poachers. I-I was the only one who got away."

Patton quickly wiped his cheeks. Remy felt his heart break. He walked up to the fawn and reached out his hand, but stopped and let it fall to his side.

"I'm so sorry." Remy whispered.

"Do you miss being... being a fawn?" Patton asked.

Remy felt a wave of loneliness crash over him, "Yes."

Patton bit his lip, "Did you miss me?"

Remy nodded, tears falling from under his sunglasses, "Yes."

More silence.

Patt," Remy tilted the fawns head up, "I wish I could have stayed with you, I still love you."

"Rem," Patton sighed, shaking his head, "I'm sorry, but I have a boyfriend."

"Oh." Remy responded, taking a step back, "um, I guess I'll just... leave... then."

"Wait!" Patton called, grabbing Remy's hand.

Remy looked over his shoulder and immediately felt a pair of lips on his own. Patton pulled away quickly, covering his mouth with his hands.

"I-i'm sorry! I wasn't thinking! I just-!" Patton rambled.

"Hey, just forget about it okay babe?" Remy said, turning back to the door.

Patton watched as the Sandman phased through the door and dissapeared once again.