28

Logan was reading by the pool, but his thoughts were elsewhere. Patton had been acting strange the past week. Distant.

Sighing, Logan set down his book. He stood up, setting out to search for Patton. He was passing Deceit's door when he heard it.

"I kissed him Dee! I haven't seen him in a hundred years and I just kissed him!"

Logan stopped outside the door. He heard Patton sob.

"I still love Lo, with all my heart too! But the feelings I had with Rem... I still feel them..." Patton paused, "Ugh! I'm a horrible person!"

"There there Patt," Deceit consoled the crying fawn, "You didn't mean it."

Logan heard Patton sigh heavily.

"Should I tell Lo?" Patton asked.

"That's for you to decide." Deceit said, "but I suggest that you do, before he finds out on his own."

Logan sighed and knocked on the door. A few moments later, Patton opened the door.

"L-lo!" Patton yelled in surprise.

Logan looked at the tear stains on Patton's cheeks and the redness in his eyes. He felt his heart break.

"Is it true?" Logan asked quietly, "is that why you've been acting weird?"

"Lo I-" Patton stumbled over his words as tears sprung to his eyes, "I-I'm so sorry! I don't know what I was thinking and I-!"

Patton broke down in tears, "please don't hate me..."

Logan sighed, "I need to take a walk."

Logan turned and paused, "I don't hate you, Patt. I just dont trust you."

He walked out the door. Patton sunk to the floor, his heart shattering.