23

"I've got it!" Roman shouted, kicking in the front door due to his arms being full of fabric.Virgil stood behind him with a folded wheelchair and a scowl.

Patton looked up from the t.v. show he was watching, "You got what kiddo?"

"I got a way to disguise Deceit!" Roman yelled, throwing the stuff in his arms on the couch and starting to sort through it, "Because there's no way to give him human legs, we just hide them. He can pretend to have to be in a wheelchair and we cover his tail with a blanket!"

Roman grinned widely and held up a yellow blanket. Virgil set up the wheelchair and pushed it into Romans legs.

"Why don't you ask Deceit if he likes this disguise?" Virgil snarked, crossing his arms.

"If I like what disguise?" Deceit slithered into the house with Dolos and Remy.

"This!" Roman grinned and gestured to the pile of clothes and the wheelchair.

Deceit sighed, "No."

"Perfec-! Wait, no?" Roman asked, pausing his extravagant act.

"I'm not pretending to be some... human." Deceit said with disdain.

Roman pouted, "humans aren't all bad."

I disagree." Deceit hissed, "when you found me injured behind a dumpster, humans did that. You want me to hide and get along with humans. Humans hurt me in ways you couldn't imagine,  so why don't you take your stupid ideology that humans are perfect angels that can do no wrong and shove it up your-!"

"Language!" Patton interrupted.

"I never said humans were perfect." Roman said quietly, looking at the floor, "Trust me, I'm well aware of that fact."

Deceit just scoffed and slithered out to his tree, leaving the others in uncomfortable silence. Roman walked to his room in silence, hanging his head.

"I'll check on Deceit, can you check on Roman?" Patton asked quietly.

Virgil nodded, "already on it."

(Which story should be told first, Roman's or Deceit's? )