16

T.W.: panic attack

Virgil shot up in his bed with a scream. His wings tangled horribly in his blankets, making them twist at odd angles. Virgil panicked more. He felt his world tip as he thrashed around, trying to get untangled. The Garuda landed hard on the ground, grimacing in pain.

Virgil couldn't breathe. He felt trapped. Scared. He had somehow gotten all his limbs caught in the blankets. Virgil felt himself fall into a full blown panic attack.

"Virgil?" Roman asked, opening the door. He heard a gasp from the other side of the bed and walked over, "Oh Virge..."

Roman knelt down next to the panicked Garuda. He gently started pulling the blankets off Virgil's arms and wings. Virgil whimpered and curled up slightly. Roman shushed him, smoothing out Virgil's hair and taking off the last blanket.

"R-rom-man?" Virgil asked shakily.

"Shhh, I'm here Virge." Roman whispered, carding his fingers through Virgil's hair.

"Hol-hold m-me?" Virgil whimpered.

Roman pulled Virgil close and hugged him tightly. Virgil gripped Roman's shirt, tears streaming down his cheeks.

"I-I had a n-nightm-mare." Virgil whispered, "D-Deceit found us a-and c-cut off m-my wings a-and k-killed Patton and h-he t-transf-formed Logan into a m-merman a-and left h-him t-to die a-and t-then he- he k-killed you and J-joan and Talyn a-and I was all alone a-and scared a-and-"

Virgil broke down sobbing into Romans shoulder. Roman held him close, shushing him and telling him it would be alright.

"It felt so real..." Virgil said softly, pulling his shaking wings closer to himself.

"I know Virge," Roman whispered, "I know. You're okay now, it was just a dream."

Virgil took a shaky breath, "c-can I stay with you tonight?"

"Of course love," Roman said, petting Virgil's wings, "anything you need."

Virgil sniffed and nodded, "I love you."

"I love you too, mi amor," Roman whispered, hugging Virgil a bit tighter.

Virgil rested his head on Roman's chest, listening to his heartbeat. He felt Roman pick him up and carry him out of the room. Virgil was asleep before Roman layed him on the bed.

"Goodnight, mi amor," Roman whispered, brushing a strand of hair from Virgil's eyes, "I will be by your side for as long as I live, I promise."

Roman smiled and drifted off to his own dream world.