2. What Love Looks Like

It's You again God,

How I love spending this time just being in Your presence and reading YourWord. Thank You for every word which speaks life and helps me to know more about You! I am so grateful to have had the opportunity to read the Bible and study it, allowing Your Holy Spirit to speak to me. Your Word guides me as I go on my journey with You. Speak to me today —I am listening!

You spoke to me yesterday when I was approached by a very troubled man at the shops. I couldn't help thinking of Your words in Matthew:

"For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.' "Then the righteous will answer him, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?' "The King will reply, 'Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.'"
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭25:35-40‬ ‭NIV‬‬

It was very confronting to encounter that man because I guess he didn't fit my image of the type of person I am called to help.  He wreaked of alcohol and tobacco, was possibly on drugs and had numerous health issues. Despite all of this,  You died for him Jesus —You love him! It is so much easier to show love for a dear little old lady or perhaps a small child but You gave us the command to love one another as You love us so that includes those who don't look lovely or fit a particular description of the needy I could help. I pray for this man even now because his lifestyle is killing him. He needs You! Bring more people to his aid to show Your love.

Lord help me to love all people like You love them and to always remember that whatever I do for others, it's like I am doing it for You! Holy Spirit move me to compassion for all who I come into contact with. I want to serve You with all my heart! May my feet lead me to those who need to receive Your love today. Use my hands to show kindness. May I not evaluate people by the way they are dressed or their life choices. Jesus, just allow me to be moved by the kind of compassion You showed as You ministered to people's needs. You are my greatest example!

""A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.""
‭‭John‬ ‭13:34-35‬ ‭NIV‬‬

In Your Name I pray,
Amen.