7. The Battle Is the Lord's

It's You again God,

What do You want to say to me today? I don't come with any agenda other than a desire to praise You for the amazing God that You are! I want to sit a while with You and listen. I know You are here.....it's Your breath in my lungs.....

I can't do anything without You Lord but at times I admit that I forget and leave things to chance. You are interested in every detail of my life and so today I will be more mindful of listening to You as I shop, as I cook, as I work, as I interact with others and as I choose what to watch on TV. You need me to remember that I can be confident in all the situations I will face today because I don't face any of them alone. Thank You that You are always with me and any battle I come up against is not mine. I need to have the same attitude and confidence that David had when he faced the giant Goliath!

"David said to the Philistine, "You come against me with sword and spear and javelin, but I come against you in the name of the Lord Almighty, the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have defied. This day the Lord will deliver you into my hands, and I'll strike you down and cut off your head. This very day I will give the carcasses of the Philistine army to the birds and the wild animals, and the whole world will know that there is a God in Israel. All those gathered here will know that it is not by sword or spear that the Lord saves; for the battle is the Lord's, and he will give all of you into our hands.""
‭‭1 Samuel‬ ‭17:45-47‬ ‭NIV‬‬

With just a sling and a stone, David conquered the enemy and brought great triumph to the Israelites. It changed the projection of history and also David's life was never the same again! It's important that I remember that David started out trusting You in the every day situations he found himself in while caring for his father's sheep. He would fight off wild animals to keep them safe and knew that You had been with him. This gave him the confidence he needed to stand against Goliath.

Help me to remember today that in anything I come up against, even the small things, You are there and I can rely on You because I come into the situation in Your Name! The battle is always Yours! As a result of David's trust in You, he was made king. Nothing is impossible when I do things in Your Name. With Your hand on him, the young king David grew in stature and power:

"And David became more and more powerful, because the Lord Almighty was with him."
‭‭1 Chronicles‬ ‭11:9‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Thank You that You are always with me as Your Holy Spirit lives in me. In Your Name I will excel at whatever You want me to do. It won't be because of my own power or strength but Yours! I will declare that the battle is the Lord's!

In Jesus' Name,
Amen.