13. The Forecast

It's You again God,

I expected to see blue sky when I opened my blinds this morning but instead it looks grey and very drab indeed! My expectations were based on the weather app forecast which I had read last night on my phone. Checking the app again, there is 0% chance of rain and it's definitely going to be sunny today, despite how it looks right now!

Why all the thoughts about weather? I sense You are reminding me that often when I look at situations in my life, things can look quite bleak BUT there is a very different forecast for the day! First because I am Your child, I am standing on Jesus the Rock as my firm foundation:

"As for everyone who comes to me and hears my words and puts them into practice, I will show you what they are like. They are like a man building a house, who dug down deep and laid the foundation on rock. When a flood came, the torrent struck that house but could not shake it, because it was well built."
‭‭Luke‬ ‭6:47-48‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Nothing that happens today will be able to shake me because of where I stand! I know who I am! I am Your child:
   - I am chosen and adopted by You
- I have been redeemed and forgiven of all my sins
        - I have been justified
        - I am a co-heir with Christ
        - I am Your handiwork
        - I am free from condemnation
        - I am a temple and Your Spirit lives in me!

Just remembering who I am begins to move away those clouds of doubt! The clouds outside are also beginning to shift and there is blue sky on the way! I am going to remember more of who I am as I watch any fears just slip away!

I have been chosen and appointed to bear fruit:
"I chose you and sent you out to produce fruit, the kind of fruit that will last. Then my Father will give you whatever you ask for in my name."
‭‭John‬ ‭15:16‬ ‭CEV‬‬

I am seated with Jesus Christ in the heavenly realm:
"For he raised us from the dead along with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms because we are united with Christ Jesus."
‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭2:6‬ ‭NLT‬‬

I am Your masterpiece:
"For we are God's masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago."
‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭2:10‬ ‭NLT‬‬

I may approach You with boldness and confidence:
"Because of Christ and our faith in him, we can now come boldly and confidently into God's presence."
‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭3:12‬ ‭NLT‬‬

I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me:
"For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength."
‭‭Philippians‬ ‭4:13‬ ‭NLT‬‬

I am anointed:
"Now it is God who makes both us and you stand firm in Christ. He anointed us, set his seal of ownership on us, and put his Spirit in our hearts as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come."
‭‭2 Corinthians‬ ‭1:21-22‬ ‭NIV‬‬

This day You have given me, is a really great day! My forecast as I stand in Your love is just amazing! Even as I pray, more clouds have vanished and soon I will see the sun. I am confident that today,  Jesus Your Son will shine brightly in my life as I remember who I am in Him. I am so blessed!

In His precious Name,
Amen.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

You might like to read my short but powerful book 'God, Who Am I?' And recommend it to a friend to read.