33. We're Not Giving Up!

It's You again God,

Hard times are never far away! A day can begin with so much promise but trials can come like clouds across the clear blue sky and leave me ducking for cover as I wait for the rain! Getting through, depends on where I am viewing my situation from. It depends on my perspective! The apostle Paul went through many trials and always had encouraging words to say to the believers he wrote to:

"So we're not giving up. How could we! Even though on the outside it often looks like things are falling apart on us, on the inside, where God is making new life, not a day goes by without his unfolding grace. These hard times are small potatoes compared to the coming good times, the lavish celebration prepared for us. There's far more here than meets the eye. The things we see now are here today, gone tomorrow. But the things we can't see now will last forever."
‭‭2 Corinthians‬ ‭4:16-18‬ ‭MSG‬‬

Thank You that even though things may look bad on the outside —inside I am being renewed! It's what You do through Your Spirit in me that makes so much difference! Every single day I can rely on more of Your unfolding grace —there is always more! I love the way The Message Translation refers to our hard times as 'small potatoes' compared to the great things ahead. They are insignificant in the scheme of things!

When I look at my troubles and hardships from a heavenly perspective, I see them as momentary and short lived compared to what is to come! There are things I can't see just yet and these are the things I can look forward to! There are consistently wonderful, amazing good times ahead for me in Heaven where You are preparing a place for me.

Lord help me to view my day to day life in light of eternity.  Thank You that You are doing great things in my life! There is much that I can't see but I am excited because the very things I can't see, will last forever! You are worthy of all praise!

In Jesus' Name,
Amen.