27. The God Who Saves

It's You again God,

I'm waiting for You and You never fail to come and pour out Your love on me! You surround me with everything I need and bring me peace at the beginning of this new day.  Thank You that I can trust in You completely and know that You will never fail me!

Today You are reminding me that You are the God who saves! Even back in the Old Testament I read how You were always coming to the rescue of Your people! The Psalmist wrote:

"Our God is a God who saves; from the Sovereign Lord comes escape from death."
‭‭Psalm‬ ‭68:20‬ ‭NIV‬‬

"Lord, you are the God who saves me; day and night I cry out to you. May my prayer come before you; turn your ear to my cry."
‭‭Psalm‬ ‭88:1-2‬ ‭NIV‬‬

"My shield is God Most High, who saves the upright in heart."
‭‭Psalm‬ ‭7:10‬ ‭NIV‬‬

But time after time, Your people became complacent and forgot just how much You had done for them.

"They forgot the God who saved them, who had done great things in Egypt,"
‭‭Psalm‬ ‭106:21‬ ‭NIV‬‬

This is a problem even today as people can start to believe in their own strength and abilities to handle things in their life. They become self sufficient and self reliant and leave You out! It's easy to fall into this trap, even as a devoted Christian! Father please help me to keep my eyes on You today and to completely rely on You! Help me to acknowledge Your saving grace in my life today —without it, I would have nothing!

"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—"
‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭2:8‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Thank You for this incredible gift! Thank You Jesus for all You have done for me! You have not only saved me but also called me and set me apart for a very different sort of life:

"He has saved us and called us to a holy life—not because of anything we have done but because of his own purpose and grace. This grace was given us in Christ Jesus before the beginning of time, but it has now been revealed through the appearing of our Savior, Christ Jesus, who has destroyed death and has brought life and immortality to light through the gospel."
‭‭2 Timothy‬ ‭1:9-10‬ ‭NIV‬‬

There is no other way, there is no other Name —Jesus:

"Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved.""
‭‭Acts‬ ‭4:12‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Thank You Jesus for saving me from a life without You and an eternity far away from the light of  Your presence. Thank You that Your greatest desire is that all people come to know Your saving grace:

"who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth."
‭‭1 Timothy‬ ‭2:4‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Help me today to be ready to witness to this very fact! Give me the words to say. Give me a renewed love for the lost and may Jesus shine through me by Your Spirit!

In His Name,
Amen.