25. Communication

It's You again God,

How I love waking early to listen to You! It's completely silent —not a sound can be heard at all! I can't even hear any sounds of early morning traffic yet! It's all dark, peaceful and calm. My ears seem to be searching for sound! I wonder if this is what it was like in the beginning:

"Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters."
‭‭Genesis‬ ‭1:2‬ ‭NIV‬‬

I imagine it was very quiet, that is until You spoke:

"And God said, "Let there be light," and there was light. God saw that the light was good, and he separated the light from the darkness. God called the light "day," and the darkness he called "night." And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day."
‭‭Genesis‬ ‭1:3-5‬ ‭NIV‬‬

It's hard to imagine that first day when Your voice spoke in the silence and Your light shattered the dark but it must have been awesome! You spoke everything into existence! It wasn't until day five that the sounds of Your Creation began to ring out over the otherwise silent earth:

"So God created the great creatures of the sea and every living thing with which the water teems and that moves about in it, according to their kinds, and every winged bird according to its kind. And God saw that it was good. God blessed them and said, "Be fruitful and increase in number and fill the water in the seas, and let the birds increase on the earth.""
‭‭Genesis‬ ‭1:21-22‬ ‭NIV‬‬

All the different bird calls must have sounded like music from Heaven! They were soon to be joined by a vast variety of other sounds:

"And God said, "Let the land produce living creatures according to their kinds: the livestock, the creatures that move along the ground, and the wild animals, each according to its kind." And it was so. God made the wild animals according to their kinds, the livestock according to their kinds, and all the creatures that move along the ground according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good."
‭‭Genesis‬ ‭1:24-25‬ ‭NIV‬‬

You gave voice to each creature and it was good! But there was more!

"Then God said, "Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, and over all the creatures that move along the ground." So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them. God blessed them and said to them, "Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky and over every living creature that moves on the ground.""
‭‭Genesis‬ ‭1:26-28‬ ‭NIV‬‬

You gave voice to man and woman. They learned to communicate with each other because You would come and speak to them. You spoke and they listened! Now things didn't go well when they decided to do their own thing but despite this, You kept talking to man and I am so thankful that You still speak today! My ears are tuned to hear Your voice and the most wonderful thing is that You long to hear my voice too!

"My dove in the clefts of the rock, in the hiding places on the mountainside, show me your face, let me hear your voice; for your voice is sweet, and your face is lovely."
‭‭Song of Songs‬ ‭2:14‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Lord You wait to hear my voice at the start of each day. Our conversation begins and carries on throughout the minutes and hours that follow. I am so blessed to have this open line of communication available day and night, that was implemented by You! David made good use of the freedom to speak to You and would come asking that You listen!

"Lord, hear my voice. Let your ears be attentive to my cry for mercy."
‭‭Psalm‬ ‭130:2‬ ‭NIV‬‬

How special that now I can speak and You are not far away! Because Jesus came,  You live in me by Your Spirit! Thank You for Your guiding and prompting as I live my life. Thank You for Your Word which always speaks to me and thank You for hearing and answering my prayers. I am so thankful to be able to communicate with You!

In Jesus' Name,
Amen.