12. Home Now

It's You again God,

How thankful I am when I know that my children are all safely home after a night out! I am so thankful for mobile phones that let me know that they are on their way but sometimes there is a period of waiting when I wake in the early hours of the morning and the hall light is still on, meaning they are still out. I message 'Are you on your way home yet?' I wait. I pray. I determine to trust You.

I was just thinking how You love my children so much and love them even more than I do! You are waiting for them to come home too but in a different way —You are waiting for them to come home back to You!

Sometimes as I wait, I wish I could go out and search but I wouldn't know where to look! I'm glad that I can just pray and trust You to bring them home safely. I am reminded of the story of the lost sheep:

"Then Jesus told them this parable: "Suppose one of you has a hundred sheep and loses one of them. Doesn't he leave the ninety-nine in the open country and go after the lost sheep until he finds it? And when he finds it, he joyfully puts it on his shoulders and goes home. Then he calls his friends and neighbors together and says, 'Rejoice with me; I have found my lost sheep.' I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent."
‭‭Luke‬ ‭15:3-7‬ ‭NIV‬‬

I love the way the shepherd goes after the lost sheep until he finds it! This is so special and reassuring! He personally puts it on his shoulders and carries it home! This is so wonderful to read! No matter how far a person strays, You pursue them and will bring them back home.

I am so thankful to have received the text message Home now goodnight xx. My child is safe but I am even more eager for the day when the report in Heaven will be that they are 'Home now', having made up their mind to turn to You! I too will be rejoicing, just like all of Heaven!  My prayer continues to be:

"I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in his holy people, and his incomparably great power for us who believe. That power is the same as the mighty strength he exerted when he raised Christ from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly realms, far above all rule and authority, power and dominion, and every name that is invoked, not only in the present age but also in the one to come."
‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭1:18-21‬ ‭NIV‬‬

I trust You to bring my children home, that they may know the hope that You are calling them to.

In Jesus' Name,
Amen.