35. My True Home

It's You again God,

I've always loved checking out the local real estate and have often thought about what it would be like to move to another house. Lately I have taken to looking online at houses all over the state and beyond, searching for somewhere quiet in the country —thinking of how great it would be to have a holiday house or maybe something something entirely new for my day to day address. I am grateful for this house you have provided for me God but there is a deep longing for somewhere new, somewhere that would take me away from all the busyness of living in a suburb of a major city. I am searching for perfection and some of the advertisements I see, look pretty amazing and very tempting!

However, the things I see all around me are here today and gone tomorrow. Wherever I live, it is only temporary —it's like I am just here on a holiday, just passing through! No matter how many times I relocate while I am living here, all of this desire to move will end! I love how Paul speaks of this in his letter to the church at Corinth:

"For instance, we know that when these bodies of ours are taken down like tents and folded away, they will be replaced by resurrection bodies in heaven—God-made, not handmade—and we'll never have to relocate our "tents" again. Sometimes we can hardly wait to move—and so we cry out in frustration. Compared to what's coming, living conditions around here seem like a stopover in an unfurnished shack, and we're tired of it! We've been given a glimpse of the real thing, our true home, our resurrection bodies! The Spirit of God whets our appetite by giving us a taste of what's ahead. He puts a little of heaven in our hearts so that we'll never settle for less."
‭‭2 Corinthians‬ ‭5:1-5‬ ‭MSG‬‬

What a great analogy to compare our death and departure to a tent being taken down and put away! We were made for something better, something more permanent. Finally being in our true home, our resurrection body, means we have at last arrived! No more relocating! I am so grateful for my earthly tent but I long for the perfection that is to come! I love how Paul says that compared to what is coming it's like a 'stopover in an unfurnished shack!' I will never settle for less than what You have for me and I guess that's why I have a leaning to always be searching for something new.

Thank You Holy Spirit for giving me a glimpse of what is ahead! God You have placed eternity in my heart and so as great as life is here, I will always feel like there must be more —and there is! I can't wait to leave this body behind and experience my new body and all the joy of being in Heaven with You forever where I will join all who declare 'holy, holy, holy is the Lord God almighty, who was and is and is to come!'

Until that day,
Amen.