38. Looking Unto Jesus

It's You again God,

Our neighbour down the street recently had solar panels installed on their roof to help with the ever rising cost of electricity. One half of the roof faces east while the other west and as I looked out this morning, it occurred to me that the west facing panels are completely shaded at the moment and won't have the sun's presence until much later in the day. Of course the other side of the roof that I can't see right now, would be receiving the amazing solar rays right now, generating power for the family below!

This made me think about how important Your Son is in my life —how I need to always be in His presence and turn my face toward Him! He is the power source! This power was passed onto the disciples and eventually to me too!

"All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen."
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭28:18-20‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Thank You for your power and authority Jesus and that I can live my life, experiencing Your power in me! I choose today to lay aside all the distractions and position myself so I am looking only to You!

"Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God."
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭12:1-2‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

I am looking unto You Jesus —all the days of my life!

Amen.