40. Prospering

It's You again God,

The countryside is very dry at present and field after field seems covered in a light beige grass. While out driving yesterday, it was very clear where fields were being used and watered as the patch of green was dazzling! Later when we walked through the acres of land on the property where we have been staying, the grass suddenly became greener as we approached a small stream.  All around it, the long green grass almost hid the water entirely! On one of the banks was a flourishing gum tree. I couldn't help thinking of these verses:

"Blessed is the one who does not walk in step with the wicked or stand in the way that sinners take or sit in the company of mockers, but whose delight is in the law of the Lord, and who meditates on his law day and night. That person is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither— whatever they do prospers."
‭‭Psalm‬ ‭1:1-3‬ ‭NIV‬‬

""But blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in him. They will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit.""
‭‭Jeremiah‬ ‭17:7-8‬ ‭NIV‬‬

The stream ensures a continual supply to those roots so even amid this year of very little rain, the tree will still flourish! Lord I want to be positioned like that tree! How precious to have access to a constant supply from You! How is this possible? By choosing to meditate and delight in Your Word!

Lord I do love Your Word and that is why I cherish these times in the day when I just stop to focus on it and let You speak. Just like a tree, I could be planted by a stream but not send my roots out toward the stream. I choose to do this every time I call on Your Name and open Your Word.

Blessings flow as I continue to trust in You and put my confidence in You! Thank You for the daily nourishment I receive from You. Thank You for the fruit which will also be evident, despite what is going on around me. I declare that today, in Your Name, whatever I do will prosper!

For Your glory,
Amen,