42. God Will Meet All Your Needs

It's You again God,

Water restrictions began just three days ago after a very dry Autumn sent city dam levels down to dangerously low levels. In just two years, the levels have dropped from 95 per cent to around 53 percent and they estimate that our dams lose an Olympic sized swimming pool amount every two minutes! That's a lot of water usage! Water is trickling into our dam but pouring out of all of our taps so  something had to be done!

I had to smile when I woke this morning, to the welcome sound of very heavy, noisy rain falling on the roof! It's not a trickle —it's pouring! I am feeling very blessed as You are reminding me that You are the God who supplies all our needs so I don't need to be afraid or worried. You knew that we needed Autumn rain and have supplied it! I am sure that all the plants in my garden are very happy right now as they drink in the goodness of Your provision.

"Be glad, people of Zion, rejoice in the Lord your God, for he has given you the autumn rains because he is faithful. He sends you abundant showers, both autumn and spring rains, as before."
‭‭Joel‬ ‭2:23‬ ‭NIV‬‬

I just need to remember how good You have been in the past and know that because You do not change, I can expect Your supply to continue!  You are the faithful God of abundant supply and You just want me to ask for what I need:

"Ask the Lord for rain in the springtime; it is the Lord who sends the thunderstorms. He gives showers of rain to all people, and plants of the field to everyone."
‭‭Zechariah‬ ‭10:1‬ ‭NIV‬‬

I love this verse that reminds me that You supply ALL my needs —not just some of them. Thank You that today You will supply my physical, spiritual and emotional needs!

"And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus."
‭‭Philippians‬ ‭4:19‬ ‭NIV‬‬

I am so thankful for the riches of  Your glory that You possess in Jesus! There are no restrictions! It's like having a dam or creek that is spring fed and never runs dry in times of drought, just like the one in the photo.

"He makes springs pour water into the ravines; it flows between the mountains."
‭‭Psalm‬ ‭104:10‬ ‭NIV‬‬

As I listen to the steady rain, I look forward to noticing a downpour of Your goodness and mercy today in all areas of my life. I will wait in perfect peace as I put my trust in You:

"You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you."
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭26:3‬ ‭NIV‬‬

All glory to Your Name,
Amen.