73. I will Give an Account

It's You again God,

Thank You for Your Word and the way it speaks to me, shaping my life for all eternity! Thank You that You say those things that need to be said for my own benefit. Your command to love one another as You love us, covers so much and I am grateful for specific reminders as I read through the New Testament such as this one, written by Paul to the church in Rome:

"You, then, why do you judge your brother or sister? Or why do you treat them with contempt? For we will all stand before God's judgment seat. It is written: "'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will acknowledge God.'" So then, each of us will give an account of ourselves to God. Therefore let us stop passing judgment on one another. Instead, make up your mind not to put any stumbling block or obstacle in the way of a brother or sister."
‭‭Romans‬ ‭14:10-13‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Thank You Jesus for Your blood given for me, which covers all my sins, including this one. Somehow I seem to think I am entitled to judge what others do or say. It has become very prevalent in all sorts of programs or movies I watch on TV but that doesn't mean it's right! I easily join in with conversations which I don't think of as judgemental but are and I know this doesn't please You at all!

Help me to remember to concentrate all my words and thoughts on loving others and to remember that You are the Judge and one day I will bow before You and give an account of myself to You. Thank You for making this clear to me. Holy Spirit, I ask for Your help so my thoughts and words will only be loving.

In Jesus' Name,
Amen.