49. I Will Come Back

It's You again God,

Knowing that someone is going to leave is always sad, especially someone you love and care about. However, when there is purpose in their leaving, like perhaps getting married, working somewhere new, travelling and so on, it makes the leaving seem easier. It's good to have warning that it is going to happen so those left behind can get their head around it. Finally saying good bye is hard but when there is such great hope when you know that you will see each other again soon. It's so much easier when they promise to come back!

Jesus' disciples were given plenty of warning about his departure and then great hope for the future:

""Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me. My Father's house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. You know the way to the place where I am going.""
‭‭John‬ ‭14:1-4‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Not only was the departure warning there for the disciples but they were told about the purpose why Jesus had to leave —preparing a place for us all! However the exciting thing is that He promised to come again and take us all to be with Him. What a glorious day that will be!

Thank You for reminding me about this today and renewing my hope once more. I so look forward to that day when You will come back again Jesus! I am so excited to see the place you have prepared for me! Until then, I am so thankful that Your Holy Spirit lives inside of me, so while I wait, I am never really alone!

Amen.