9. Purity

It's You again God,

As soon as I opened my blinds, I was surprised to notice that my white camellia japonica has one beautiful, perfectly white flower on it! It usually flowers in the dead of winter when my rose bushes lie dormant, so it's a little early this year! The radiant flowers light up a dark corner of the garden.

I am always amazed by the purity of the delicate petals of this amazing flower! Once the bush is covered in blooms I usually pick some to bring inside, but I remember how much care is needed to make sure that I hold the stem and avoid touching the pure white petals as they will quickly turn brown!

Thank You for leading me to Philippians today as I consider my purity and blamelessness in Jesus —Paul reminds me that I am as pure as my white camellia and must make every effort to remain untainted as I live my life for You:

"My beloved ones, just like you've always listened to everything I've taught you in the past, I'm asking you now to keep following my instructions as though I were right there with you. Now you must continue to make this new life fully manifested as you live in the holy awe of God—which brings you trembling into his presence. God will continually revitalize you, implanting within you the passion to do what pleases him. Live a cheerful life, without complaining or division among yourselves. For then you will be seen as innocent, faultless, and pure children of God, even though you live in the midst of a brutal and perverse culture. For you will appear among them as shining lights in the universe, offering them the words of eternal life. I haven't labored among you for nothing, for your lives are the fruit of my ministry and will be my glorious boast at the unveiling of Christ!"
‭‭Philippians‬ ‭2:12-16‬ ‭TPT‬‬

This could seem like a really difficult task but the thing that stands out to me today is the verse that says: 'God will continually revitalize you, implanting within you the passion to do what pleases him'. Thank You Father that You are working in me, through Your Spirit, giving me the desire and power to do what pleases You! Thank You that Jesus' blood continually cleanses me so that You see me as white as snow!

I can however appear tainted to others around me, if I let myself get drawn into the habit of complaining or into arguments. Paul advises against this because I need to be representing You in this wicked, perverted generation. Today I pray I will shine brightly as I live in awe of You! May my words and actions stand out as I hold firmly to the Word of Life and give to others a glimpse of You my living God!

In Jesus' Name,
Amen.