18. Eyes on Jesus

It's You again God,

This life is all about You and yet so often I know I seem to try to make it all about me! If I would keep my eyes on You Jesus, all through the day and remember that You are the Author and Finisher of my faith, then I'm sure things would be different! I am great at remembering to keep my eyes on You at church as I am worshipping but I need to be more consistent throughout the week!

"Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God."
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭12:1-2‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Thank You Jesus for seeing the joy that was to come and enduring everything so I too could be seated with You in heavenly places! I am so blessed! You provided the way for me to be able to start each day in such a positive way, no matter what the circumstances are.

However, sometimes it feels like there is a great weight upon me as I try to live this life! So many things can threaten to bring me down but You never intended that I should carry them!  Your Word is very clear on this:

"Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you."
‭‭1 Peter‬ ‭5:6-7‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Thank You for caring for me and being happy to listen to all my concerns and worries. Sin can indeed 'easily ensnare me'! I am so thankful Father that Your forgiveness is continuous because Jesus' blood covered all my sin!

Thank You for the many Christians in my life who are such a great encouragement to me and for the amazing stories I read in Your Word about men and women, who lived their lives with great faith. The Passion Translation reminds me to forgive and let go of things that may have hurt me in the past because it's hard to have my eyes on You when I keep looking in that direction! These things will only weigh me down and keep me from enjoying the life You have for me!

"As for us, we have all of these great witnesses who encircle us like clouds. So we must let go of every wound that has pierced us and the sin we so easily fall into. Then we will be able to run life's marathon race with passion and determination, for the path has been already marked out before us."
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭12:1‬ ‭TPT‬‬

It's really comforting to remember that the path of my life has already been marked out for me! I so want to run this race with passion and determination! It's a marathon, so I really need You:

"We look away from the natural realm and we fasten our gaze onto Jesus who birthed faith within us and who leads us forward into faith's perfection."
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭12:2‬a TPT‬‬

Today I seek to look away from the natural realm, all the details of this day to day life and fasten my gaze on You Jesus! Thank You for birthing faith in me! I choose to be led forward into faith's completion!

May my day be more about You and less about me!

In Your Name,
Amen.