Chapter 21 Flowers

You don't know how long you waited in that waiting room. Everything after the bar, seemed to go by in a blurr. Mettaton, Undyne, and Asgore were all sitting with you. Toriel had to take the place of Asgore at work, since both of them couldn't afford not to be there. The waiting room was mainly quiet, and the hospital was busy. Papyrus was taking care of Sans and Chara at the house and he insists on calling every 5-10 minutes.

"Oh!" Mettaton exclaimed. "It's Blooky!"

"hi......." Napstablook said as he floated by. "i heard asriel was in here...."

Asgore frowned.

"Look.. Napstablook.." Undyne said. "As much as I respect you, I think you should go."

Mettaton glared at her "You-"

"Excuse me" a nurse said, coming into the waiting room. She was a bunny, her white fur almost matched the outfit on her. "Mr. Asgore Dreemurr?"

Asgore stood up faster than the speed of light "Thats me"

"The doctor would like to see you and your family now." She said.

You stood up to walk with him to the room. The Hospital, like the town, was also pretty small, only a few rooms, and not much staff. When the nurse opened the door, Alphys was inside the room, looking at monitors. Asriel looked like he was sleeping on his hospital bed, but every once in a while, Alphys would tell him to reposition his body, and he'd move slowly to the command.

"OH! U-uh!" Alphys stuttered when she saw the both of you. "A-Asriel, we can stop the tests f-for now."

He sat up. You don't know how you could see it through his fur, but he looked so pale. The tips of his ears were yellow. You wondered if Alphys put that there. He was pulling the sheet, that was over him, over his lap with his white gloved hands. He refused to show any lower than his stomach. He looked sick...

"Where's Chara?" he asked.

"She's at my place" you say. "Pap is taking care of her."

"Get her" He said.

"Asriel.." Asgore said softly. "I think you both need to-"

Asriel's eyes went red for a split second and his words came out in a familiar harsh tone. "SHUT UP!"

You, Asgore, and Alphys all jumped, and Asriel stared at you, face looking terrified of what he just did. He cupped his mouth with his hands and closed his eyes. The monitor tracking his heartbeat was picking up in pace, and the constant beeping of the machine was also speeding up.

"A-Asriel.. You need to calm d-down!" Alphys said.

He breathed in and out, slowly. The shakeynes of his breath make the hairs on your neck rize, and the yellow stained on his ears grew a little higher. His breaths were long, shaky, and... misshapen.... It just sounded so... off..

"Asgore.." Alphys said. "I would like to talk to you outside.."

As they left, Alphys nodded to you and touched the palm of your hand. You looked back at her and she eye gestured towards Asriel.

You turned to look at him. His paws laid gently on the bedsheet in front of him, and he was staring at them. You walked up to him, and he flinched when he looked up to see you. He had a... look... on his face. A strangely familiar face and..

"Frisk.." he looked up at you with hollowed, dark eyes. "... Don't you have anything better to do?"

You jumped back a bit, hearing the... bitterness in his voice. You rubbed it off a bit to quickly then you thought you would. You took one of his gloved hands and he looked down at it and back to you with a surprised look. You grabbed for the hem of his glove and he pulled his hand away.

"Hey!!! What are you doing?!" he shouted.

Oh god... his eyes.

"Asriel.." you said "May I-"

"FOR THE LAST TIME I'M NO-" He stopped himself, covering his mouth again.

You sat at the edge of his bed and you wrapped your arms around his now sobbing body. He curled into you, hugging you tightly. His fur smelled of flowers, buttercups to be exact. You pushed away for a second to look at his face. He was crying a lot... Why was this happening now of all times? It's been 2 year since you broke the barrier... You grabbed for his hands again, this time, with no resistance.

The gloves were soft, not as soft as his fur, but still pretty soft. You slid them off of his hands... to see... that his paws were green. And.. they didn't feel like the same texture that his paws normally were. The fur felt like grass that was grown for too long. Then you noticed a darker shade of green running from his wrist to the top of his palm. It almost looked like..

"Please.. Frisk I don't know what's happening to me... I... I just can't understand it..." He sobbed. "I want to see Chara... please..."

You helped him put his glove back on and you took out your cell phone. You called Papyrus.

Ring... Ring...

"HELLO!" Papyrus bellowed into the speaker.

"Hey, Paps. How's Chara and Sans doing..?" You asked.

"SANS IS UP. HE KEEPS SAYING THAT HE WANTS NOODLE SOUP... OVER... AND OVER...." He said annoyed.

You almost laughed.

"CHARA...? ARE YOU STILL IN THE LIVING ROOM?!" He called, you could hear his voice echo through the house.

You heard a weird mumbling sound, then a "Tell Frisk... I feel gross...."

"SHE'S ON THE COUCH... EATING CHOCOLATE... SHE SAYS THAT SH-"

"That she feels gross, I know" you say. "Can you bring her here? Asriel wants to see her."

"WELL.... I COULD.... BUT..." Papyrus paused. "I DON'T WANT TO LEAVE SANS HERE BY HIMSELF... HE... IS IN A WEIRD STATE RIGHT NOW.."

Just then, you heard Sans' deep voice bellow through the receiver "i want nooooodle soooup! ugh! can i please have something to eeeat?! preferably noodle soup!"

You chuckled a little.

"Paps, If you want me to, I can so over there, Undyne is here if you don't want to take your car, and I'm sure Asgore would be more than happy to drive you and Chara back." You offered.

"HMMM.. IF IT MEANS I CAN FINALLY GET AWAY FROM 'MR. NOODLE SOUP' THEN FINE." He said. "I'LL CALL UNDYNE RIGHT NOW!"

"Okay! Bye." You hung up.

"Chara is coming?" Asriel asked when you turned around again.

"Yup! But that also means that I have to go.. Sorry, bro.." You said.

"Oh... okay... I'll see you later then.." he said.

You walked up to him... and hugged him again.

"Wanna know something funny?" you asked him.

"Sure...?" he said pulling out of the hug.

"Chara is the strangest drunk. One minute she's singing, the next, she's bawling her eyes out, them she's laughing."

He laughed. The yellow on his ear that you saw grow, reseeded back to where it was before.

You smiled at him.

"See ya later.." You paused "Asriel"

"Yeah.." he smiled.

Then you turned and left.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

YOOOOOO! 

Whatup my.... guys...?

I don't know what I'm doing... XD

I hope you liked this chapter. I'm going to try and post more offen. 

Love all ya guys, and..... galls..? and............ yes...

oky c'ya!