Chapter 25 The Void

"this doesn't feel right."

The atmosphere was thick, like tar. It was hard for him to breathe.

"where am i?" he shouted "hello?!"

He only heard stories and theories of this place, and he had been trying to reach it for a while now. He moved his body slowly.

"is anyone here?!"

The void was dark, almost completely devoid of life. He moved his body forward. It felt heavy, like pulling sludge.

"Sans..." a voice said.

"wha..?" he turned his head.

"Sans...?" It was the voice of the monster he had been longing to see for the longest time.

The figure held out their hand, familiar hole in the skeletal palm confirming who it was.

He jumped forward towards the figure "da-!"

"Come, Sans.." the man said.

Sans took his hand. "are you alive..?" They walked into the endless void

"Of course I am alive, Sans. Why do you think I called you here in the first place." He said.

"but, Paps.. he-"

"This meeting is purely business." the man interrupted. "I don't want to hear about my family until I return."

"but, da-"

"Doctor... Sans. You will address me as, Doctor." he corrected.

"sorry, doc." Sans said. "i just wanted to say that i have been working on it for a long time.. i don't know what else to do..."

"Sans... Time may work differently here in the void, but I know that you will finish it when the time comes."

"how do i get pap to remember you?!" Sans screamed. "I've tried hundreds of times, hundreds of different ways"

"He will remember when you return from here, Sans..."

"what?!"

He let go of his hand. "Goodbye, Sans.. I cannot keep you here longer than I have already."

"wait!"

The man stopped.

"dr. gaster.. sir... how do you know all this..?"

"Like I said" Gaster smiled. "Time works differently here. You could say... it doesn't exist at all."

"how do i get you back?!"

Gaster stepped towards him, hand cupping his cheek. "When the time comes, son."

He put his hand over Sans' left eye, purple magic through the hole shining onto his eye socket.

~~~~~~~~~~

Sans' eyes opened, and he shot up from his bed, almost waking you from your chair.

Alphys rushed towards him, monitors that were monitoring his soul beeping fast and loudly.

"Sans!" Alphys shouted.

He looked at her, almost like his mind was in some other place. He looked around the hospital room in confusion and his face showed his loss for words. He scrambled around, looking for something. Alphys tried to stop him but he pushed passed her easily and sprinting to look at himself in the sink mirror.