Chapter 35 Unnecessary Tension

"woah! don't you think you should think about this again?!" Sans said as you were beginning to yank on his blue hoodie.

"Sans, were going on that vacation!" You were basically dragging him out the door now.

You had talked to Joan yesterday and he didn't seem to argue. You just wanted to get this over with so that you can finally just focus on work, instead of Joan pushing the monster expansion to the side over and over. He may be your boss, and may care about you as a person, but it was just that. You were a human. You had to remind yourself that even though Joan and his wife may care about you, they are still not that welcoming to monsters, and will try anything to keep them away from other people.

So, you and Sans decided that you would go to Paris, France. One, because you have always wanted to go there ever since you were a child, and two... it was the city of love... So what better way to spend time with your boyfriend then to go visit the most romantic place on earth? It would only be for a week, and if there were any episodes, well.... Here's the thing.... Sans couldn't teleport to the house when you both are that far away, meaning that you would have to create a route for him to take, or...

"kris!!! dings!!!!!!" Sans shouted. "frisk, are you sure this is going to work?"

Kris came running up to yours and Sans' bedroom. He was holding a pair of scissors and a plastic bag. The plan was to see if Kris could use a part of what made up some of your determination. So the first thing that you could think of was something physical, like hair. Sans and Gaster could use their magic, and the DT extractor if they needed to, to take the smallest bit of your determination inside you, and tie the hair together.

"Can't hurt to try." you told Sans who held your hand as you sat on the chair at the desk.

You pulled your hair back into a small ponytail. You had only realized now that you hadn't had a haircut since before you fell into the underground, meaning your hair was down to the middle of you back. Gaster appeared in the room and sat on the edge of the bed.

"You know I'm not a hairdresser..." Kris said. "It will look pretty bad"

You rubbed it off, and told him to cut it. Sans started squeezing your had a bit too hard and Kris grabbed the ponytail and snipped off some of your hair. You knew the cut wasn't going to be even because you put your hair into a ponytail, but it was the easiest way to get Kris to get a chunk of your hair.

You stood up and turned around to lay down on the bed. Gaster stood up and you laid down.

"okay.." Sans said, still holding your now numb hand, "hold still... i don't want you to get hurt.."

"Sans..." you cupped his cheek. "You can't hurt me..."

"I'm gonna barf" Kris said "Stop..."

'Well at least you didn't see us kissing'

Hey! That was unnecessary!

Frisk, Kris... I can still hear you guys... remember..?

Oh yeah. Forgot to mention that all three of you could talk to each other. Again, it had something to do with the determination that Kris was draining from you, and that Chara already had your determination inside of her.

"Okay, let's do this slowly.." Gaster said. "Kris, you have to touch her to keep the flow at bay, but whatever you do, don't touch her soul, got it?"

"Yup."

You felt his hand rest on your leg, while the other held on tightly to the chunk of hair he cut off. Your soul was exposed the moment Gaster started using his magic, and Sans quickly turned it blue to stop it from moving. You weren't going to lie, the tugging and breaking of some of the determination inside your soul hurt like no other pain you felt before, but it was surprisingly bearable.