Chapter 86 Falling Into Place

"Let me grab you a towel and some clothes," Suzy said, leaving the bathroom to go get some of her smaller clothes for Noelle.

The deer only nodded and sat on the edge of the bathtub. Her fur was completely soaked from the shower, and she was wrapping herself in Suzy's purple plaid flannel. The bathroom was quite small, however, it was decently clean. There were two toothbrushes on the bathroom countertop, along with a drawer that was half open. Inside, she could see some hair supplies, such as a hair straightener, curlers, and some elastic bands.

As she sat there waiting, there was a small knock on the bathroom door, causing her to jump. Noelle held onto the flannel tightly as she heard a man's voice enter through the wooden door.

"Suzy?" The man's voice asked, "Are you in there? The light is on."

Noelle didn't know if she should have answered or not. She wasn't Suzy, and this monster did seem to be friendly. However, she couldn't seem to shake what Joan had said about monsters. Nobody has seen anyone that has looked even remotely like her, so maybe he would kick her out for not looking like a regular monster...?

She stayed silent, and crept back into the shower, silently closing the curtains in case he came in. Just as she had covered her entire body from being visible from the door, it had opened. There was a silhouette of a monster that stood in front of the curtains. He had the same face shape as Suzy, and Noelle wondered if all monsters actually did look the same.

"Suzy?" The monster said again.

Noelle stayed silent again and waited for him to turn around so he would just leave, but insead, he turned towards the shower curtains. Noelle sat on the floor of the bathtub, remembering the last time she had tried to hide from Joan in her own house.

"Noeeeellle!" Joans voice rang through her head. "You can't hide from me, babygirl~"

Noelle closed her eyes and wrapped the flannel around her tighter, curling into a small ball of wet fur as she shivered in fear. She almost began to mumble to herself, before she heard the curtains of the shower draw back to reveal the sight of a kind looking monster. She still had her eyes closed, head in between her legs as she tried to be as quiet as possible.

"Oh." The monster said softly. "Hello there, little one..."

Noelle looked up at the sound of the man's soft tone, her eyes filled with tears. He looked at her small frame, seeing his daughter's flannel wrapped around the little monster. He looked up to the top of her head to see a set of antlers on the top, one of which had obviously been broken a bit.

"There you are, little one~" Joans voice echoed inside her head. "I'll always find you.~"

"Noelle! I'm back and brou-" Suzy stopped in the doorway, holding a light green towel and some clothes. "DAD!"

Suzy looked from her dad, to Noelle, and back, in a cycle, almost like asking what happened while she was gone. Noelle's eyes showed how scared she was, hearing that Suzy was so surprised that her father was in here. Suzy's dad turned around to face his daughter.

"This your friend?" The male monster asked, gesturing to the reindeer in the bathtub.

"Yes. Her guardian was abusing her." Suzy said calmly. "She needs a place to stay, and she's staying here."

He turned back around, looking at Noelle again. He sighed, seeing how small she was and what her "guardian" could have possibly done to such a small monster. She looked almost like she was malnutritioned from how small she actually was.

"Okay" was all he said, before smiling and pushing passed his daughter. "Oh, and don't worry, I won't call anyone about this."

"Th....thanks dad.." Suzy said, helping Noelle stand back up and step out of the tub to put on some clothes.