Chapter 89 Heather and Noelle

There was something off, and she could tell. Heather had never been spoken to like that from her husband, and would have never expected the fact that he would abuse that little girl. Even if she was a monster, it was still wrong on so many levels. In fact, she never would have even suspected anything of the man. He was usually so kind and thoughtful, so the fact that he was constantly lying about his behavior was quite upsetting and disturbing to her.

Heather just kept driving, grabbing onto her phone to think of who she should be calling. Maybe the police? They might not be able to perform an arrest without Noelle to testify to being a victim, though. They might think that she was just trying to get her husband in trouble and start something with the court. That meant there was only one option, and it was the only thing that she would think of doing.

She had to find Noelle before anyone else did. Especially Joan.

She looked ahead of herself, watching the road as her mind filled with thoughts of how she could have seen this before. Maybe there were signs that she just never noticed or ignored. That had to be it. It couldn't have just been random and out of nowhere.

"HEY!" There was a voice outside of her window that made her slam on the breaks. "Watch where you're going!"

She opened her window more than it already was, and looked at the monster who had yelled at her. He looked like he wasn't much older than Noelle, and seemed to not have arms on his sides. Heather began to apologise profusely, telling the young monster that she had a really rough day and just needed to get out of town.

"H-Heather?" A small voice came through the other side of the car.

The human whipped her head around, seeing that familiar reindeer's face. A red bandana over her antlers. Her eyes went wide when she realized who was behind her. It was her neighbor, Suzy.

Heather got out of the car, not bothering to get it out of the middle of the road, as she ran towards the two of them. Motherly instinct almost instantly kicked in, as she kneeled down and cupped the young monster's cheeks, making sure she was alright.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry!" She screamed. "I had no idea! I wish I did before all this shi-... -stuff happened."

"I couldn't watch as he abused her more and more." Suzy told her, placing a picnic basket down on the sidewalk. "I would have gone to the police, but I knew I wouldn't have been able to see her again to make sure she was alright if I did."

"Why didn't you tell me, sweetie..?" The human asked Noelle. "I could have done something..."

Noelle stayed silent as Heather began to hug onto her tightly. There wasn't much to say at that moment anyway. She knew that Heather already knew the answer to that question. Joan would make sure that she never told Heather by any means necessary.

"Heather!" Your voice rang down the street, as you came out of your house to meet the three monsters you were going to the Underground with. "Fancy seeing you here."

You put your hands on your hips, putting on a neutral expression, as you weren't quite sure if the woman was also in on the little monster's abuse or not. However, you quickly relaxed as you saw the tears in the woman's eyes, and the bright smile on her face when she saw you.

"Frisk! Oh my gosh I'm so glad to see you!" She shouted. "One of your friends is an officer, right?! We need to make sure the police know about what has been going on-!"

"Heather, no" Suzy said quickly. "Not until Joan stops looking for her."

She sighed, knowing that, that was probably the best thing to do. They needed to keep Noelle safe until they could go to the authorities without heat tracking onto them. Though... it didn't seem very smart for her to be out and about this early in the rescuing, right? That just seemed a bit reckless.