Chapter 34 The Delta Rune

You could barely breathe. It was almost like you could hear the thoughts of all of the determination now in the timeline. Empty words being pushed together into one giant catastrophic meaning.

You couldn't focus, you're eye's didn't just see blood red anymore, but you saw so much at once. The red glow under Papyrus' door, the purple hue from Gaster, and the human you sensed in the back.

You stood up, knees aching as your whole body urged you to not walk in this state. But the human, or rather, Kris, was probably in the same state as you were. So, you knew you couldn't just leave him there.

You turned back around to your room, leaving Gaster on the floor now. Your bedroom door was still open so you tried to grab the workshop key as fast as possible.

When you walked back out of the room and down the stairs again, Sans was on the couch with Gaster and Chara. Papyrus was in the kitchen looking for something.

Sans stood up when he saw you and tried to get you to sit on the couch, but you refused. Then you felt him try and grab your soul with his magic, only for his left eye to spark and him being pushed away. You're determination was too strong for him to hold your soul now...

You made your way outside, and one of the voices in your head grew louder and louder as you make your way to the workshop. You unlocked the door, and stepped inside.

The human stood there with his hands on his head, and as you walked closer, he looked up at you. He staggered back, holding out his hands and shouting something at you. However the voice that was screaming in your head was too loud for you to understand what came from his lips.

But then, you touched his shoulder.

And everything went quiet.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Six days. It's almost been a week now. Kris is staying at mom and dad's and... you were back to work. The 'episodes' are happening still, thus the reason why Sans is always in the office waiting room till your shift is done. You found out the reason why the episodes were happening, and how to stop them. What was going on was, both you and Kris were never able to meet in any of the timelines, all because of the war.

Kris came from a timeline where the humans and monsters never went to war with each other, but instead, had their own town similar to the one here. The reason you never would have met..? You, Chara, and the 6 other fallen children would have still fallen into the underground, only this time... you couldn't escape. The way to fix the episodes? You and Kris just needed to have at least the slightest bit of physical contact. Sans suggested it was because you and Kris were the primary sources of the determination in your own timeline. So, in other words, Kris being in your timeline was draining your determination while you were draining his to equalize it, the contact would send the leftover determination to flow back into the original person. The only reason it was affecting Chara and Gaster was because of your determination being inside of Chara's body, and her's being inside Gaster.

Everything would work itself out once Sans and Gaster fix the machine. There was only one problem... Kris actually didn't have determination. His soul may be red and may be a determination soul, but that isn't his soul. The was he explained it, was that there was some 'greater entity' that was controlling how he made decisions, creating a totally new soul. Chara seemed like she understood exactly what he was talking about, by telling us what her dream was about. The only thing that you thought was a bit strange, was when Gaster started sweating when Kris introduced himself to him.

Joan says that you need a break from work all together, it was almost like he was forcing you to take that vacation with Sans. However, you didn't want to be gone if something happens. You would rather take you time to fix your own timeline before everything collapses in front of you.

Sans, Alphys, Gaster, Chara, and you came up with a plan. You were going to drain the determination from Gaster and Chara, fill Chara with her original determination, and put yours back into your body. The only problem with this plan was the fact that Kris would still be draining your determination until he's back in his own timeline. So you could only do this when he's gone. But, if Gaster comes in contact with the void while working on the machine, with Chara's determination still inside him, he'll start melting. So.... You still have to drain the determination from Gaster for Kris to go home, Sans and Alphys just have to find a way to store it till the transfer.

"Frisk!" You heard Joan running towards your office. "About the vacation! I think it would be best if-"

"I told you already, I can't leave my family at this time. I have to be here in case of emergencies remember?" you told him politely, despite him starting to get on your nerves.

"Right. That's why I think it would be best if you had you vacation when you feel there is too much stress, or when all of this is resolved. It will be good for you to take a break."

"Sure." You didn't want to argue.

"Are you feeling alright, should I get Sans?" he asked.

He's seen you have episodes since Kris showed up, so you knew that he would understand if you had to go.

"Yeah, I'm fine just-"

The pain in your soul interrupted you, causing you to fall off your chair, and hold your chest tightly. Joan ran out of the room fast, and it was only seconds later that Sans had popped into your office. He picked you up and Joan came rushing in, telling Sans something you couldn't hear over the static in your ears.

Then you were home laying on the couch, Kris' hand in your forehead, and everything was fine.

You stood up, wobbly and Sans stumbled out to catch you. "Okay.. back to work.."

"uh, nope."Sans sat you back down on the couch. "joan said nope. he doesn't want you to get hurt for the rest of the day, and neither do i, okay, babe?"

"He WHAT?!" you shouted.

"he doesn't want you working so hard when everything if crazy like this, okay?" Sans explained. "we both don't want you to get hurt..."

"I mean... I don't want anyone else to get hurt either, and you know that.. But.. I-I want to do the monster city advancement stuff and the only way for me to do that is if I work!" you told him.

"you've been working too hard for a while... why do you think he wanted to give you a paid vacation in the first place?" Sans argued. "you can't work yourself 'to the bone', that's my job."

You giggled at the stupid pun he made. He was right though.. You HAVE been working too hard. Ever since you broke the barrier, you've been working. All because you had to start the timeline when you were 16. And now that you're 18, you've been working nonstop to help monsters get into bigger cities. It was almost like Joan was postponing all of the.. paperwork... so that... he could... wait....

"Sans." you said. "I don't care what you say now that you're father is back, do you hear me."

"uhhh" Sans said confused.

"We are going on that vacation tomorrow." you said. "So take me back to talk to Joan, right now."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ello! I'm really glad that I can post this for you guys.

I've been getting so much great support from some of you and I thank you for that!

I'me studying for my finals next week, so I probably wont be updating till next Saturday or Sunday, maybe even longer. 

I know you guys are good with understanding, so I'll leave it at that! 

ALSO!!! I am still waiting for people to suggest a title for this fanfic! If you have ANY ideas, don't be afraid to comment them down below!!

C'ya later, my bowls of spaghetti!