Chapter 24 Broken Magic

Your head was fuzzy. The fight was like a blur, an image in your head that just repeated. You wanted to know what happened to Sans. Did he leave..? Did he..

"Chara stop!" you heard Asriel scream.

Cyan lines and red slashes flying in every direction. Spears and Chara's knife flying in every direction.

'Sans, where the hell are you..?'

Memories flooded into your head

'you'll never see 'em again...'

'no! i can't goooo! *hic* i'm working, sweety...'

'you and papyrus are the only ones that i truly care about more than anything in this hell of a world.'

'just give up.. i did'

'i need.. *hic* baaack... paps doesn't remember!'

'maybe.. we can start a family of our own..?'

You stood up before Papyrus could finish healing you, walking straight into the fray. You saw both of them stop, and your vision cleared. Papyrus was screaming for you to not get hurt, and Asriel was telling you to come back to the wall. You ignored them and looked straight at Chara.

She smiled. "You wanna die too, RIGHT?"

"If you kill me, you won't be able to see Asriel ever again. That body you have will be mine again, and you'll be dead because of the reset." you said.

Her expression shifted, and you saw her eyes flicker from light brown back to red.

"But I'm not going to move. So the only way you can get passed me, to hurt the people who care about you, is to kill me" You continued.

She turned to Undyne, who was panting like a wild dog. Then she turn back to you with her surprised expression. She looked at Undyne again, who looked at her back and waved casually, despite being covered in gashes and dripping sweat.

Then.

The bones.

Bones surrounded Chara, blue ones going through her body in order to stop her from moving and she dropped the knife.

You looked over at Papyrus, his eyes were just as wide as yours, and you simultaneously looked to the doorway. Sans stood there, left eye bright blue, the other pitch black. He was clutching his stomach, almost like he was in pain.

"SANS! NO!" Papyrus yelled.

His eye flickered, almost like it was going to go out. Chara didn't dare move.

"you got your bro." He said harshly. "he's over there, scared of you." He pointed to Asriel. "now you better start apologizing before..."

A gaster blaster appeared right in front of her, a small one, but it could still easily kill her...

You stepped in front of it, right when it was about to fire, and it popped from existence. Sans turned your soul blue and pulled you towards him. You don't think you've ever fought against his magic harder than you did right now. His body shook, clutching his stomach harder than before, and he dropped your soul and fell to his knees.

You crouched beside him, and rubbed his back. The hangover must be messing with his magic. You looked back to Chara, who was now free from the blue bones, her eyes back to their usual light brownish colour. She stepped carefully round the remaining bones and went to Undyne, sho was practically leaning on a spear. She hugged her.. And Undyne hugged back.

"I'm sorry..." She said. "I don't know what got into me.."

Undyne pushed her away and wrapped one arm around her neck and noogied her.

"Don't be sorry, you brat! Just shows that I'm losing my touch if I'm getting tired so quickly." Undyne laughed and released her.

"You always were hard to beat though." she lightly punched her arm.

"HA! Wait.. what?" Undyne said confused.

Chara ignored her and rushed towards Papyrus and Asriel.

"Are you guys okay..? I didn't hurt you, did I, Papyrus..?" She asked.

"NOT A SCRATCH ON ME!" Papyrus bellowed. "HOWEVER...." He looked at Asriel.

Chara stretched out her hand to help him up. The fear on Asriel's face stayed there and he staggered back as far as he could and Chara pulled her hand away in shock.

"NO! D-don't touch me!" He stammered.

"Azzy..." Chara stretched out her hand again. "I'm sorry.. please.."

He clutched onto Papyrus' arm like his life depended on it and shut his eyes. Chara grabbed onto him. Hands playing with his fur as she hugged him tightly. They sat like that for a long time, Chara saying words of reassurance until he let go of Papyrus and hugged her instead.

You looked over at Sans, still stroking his back. When you lifted his face to kiss him, you stopped. His left eye was flickering blue to black. A dark ringlet had formed under his left eye and you widen your eyes in concern.

"i..." He started, his voice sounded scared. "i can't turn it off..."

Papyrus rushed over when he heard what Sans said.

"frisk... i... i can't turn it off!!!" he pulled away from your grip, and he clutched his face with both hands.

Papyrus walked towards him. "SANS! LET ME-"

"N O!" Sans screamed. "don't touch me, papyrus!"

You and Papyrus both backed off as you saw Sans basically try to tear his eye socket out with both his hands. Undyne, Asriel, and Chara all looked up to see him, and Alphys, and Asgore woke to his scream. You wanted to help him.. But you knew almost nothing about how monster magic actually worked.

You couldn't help it.. You ran towards him and pulled his hands out of his eye. His shocked expression and showed that his eye was glowing brighter... and brighter.. Body shaking rapidly.

Alphys shouted curses and shot up to look for something around the destroyed room.

"no!" He yelled, trying to push you away. "get away from me, frisk!"

His eye just kept getting brighter, and you were starting to regret using Sans' teleportation to get here in the first place. You kept holding onto his hands though, fingers intertwining with his, and you leaned into his chest. You felt the vibration of his soul against your face.

"i'll hurt you! get away from me!" He warned

"You could NEVER hurt me, Sans.." you said, clutching his hands tighter.

You felt his shirt move against your face and he just stopped. His body had stopped moving and you looked up to see his face had his eyes closed. Then his body went limp and heavy against you and you saw Alpys standing behind him, empty syringe in her hand.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

NGAAHHHHHH

I couldn't stop writing all day! XD

So...

Here's another part :p

I hOpe YoU EnJoyEd!