Chapter 77 Hurts

You stood there in the living room while Papyrus began pacing back and forth. He had your phone up against the side of his skull, not being able to find his own. You bit your lip, anxious on what could be happening.

After Papyrus had told you what happened at the hospital, receiving a call from Alphys felt like a bomb exploded in your stomach. A punch to the gut almost, as Papyrus had to take over the phone because you couldn't focus on Alphys was saying.

"YEAH." Papyrus said through the phone. "OKAY. I'LL LET HER KNOW."

He hung up and you waved your hands towards him, a look of panic across your face. He placed your phone down on the table beside Pet Rock.

"Well? Is she okay?!" You screamed. "What did Alphys say?!"

"ALPHYS PUT FRAN AND GASTER INTO A DIFFERENT ROOM" he explained. "NEITHER OF THEM HAVE WOKEN UP."

You sighed to yourself. Perfect... just perfect.... your daughter was in the hospital, Sans wasn't picking up his phone, and speaking of Sans, he was missing. You weren't sure exactly what he would do when he found out that Fran and Gaster were unconscious in the hospital, but you were sure it wouldn't be good. In fact, you knew that he'd probably beat the hell out of Gaster, unconscious or not.

"ALPHYS IS TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WHAT HAPPENED..." Papyrus said. "HOPEFULLY SHE CAN WAKE GASTER UP SO HE CAN HELP..."

"Hopefully..." you sighed again.

Your phone began to ring, causing the sprinkles on Pet Rock's plate to start vibrating. You and Papyrus both stared at the caller ID for a bit too long before you put the phone in your hand. The picture on the screen was a younger looking photo of Fran and Asgore having a tea session at the park.

"Hello?" You answered the phone.

"Frisk! Oh, how are you, child?" Asgore asked through the phone.

You smiled and sighed, waving Papyrus off to tell him that it was just Asgore. Papyrus fled into the kitchen, making himself a snack before he had to head to the police station for some training.

"I'm fine, dad. Just a little stressed." You told him. "What's up?"

"You wouldn't happen to know..." his breathing hitched. "Um... where your sister is, would you?"

You remember Chara saying something about being with Ryan, which made you angry until you heard the news about your daughter. However, because of the news about Fran, you kinda forgot about the whole encounter with Chara. Where was she? You had no idea, but if she was with your father, than it probably wasn't a good place for her to be at.She hadn't been in a good mental state since Asriel passed away, and she kept blaming herself.

You shivered to yourself, thinking of all the horrible things that Ryan could be doing to your sister right now. You could feel your stomach turning and you almost felt like throwing up.

Papyrus waved to you as he walked out the front door. A container of refrigerated lasagna in his skeletal hand. You waved back, smiling up towards the tall skeleton before answering Asgore's question.

"No." You told him. "Let me check."

"Thank you, Frisk." He said, staying on the line and waiting for any kind of confirmation.

Hey, are you okay? Dad got home and saw you weren't there. He's wondering where you are and I'm getting worried.

Not now, Frisk!

You huffed. That wasn't an answer that you wanted to hear right now. You just wanted to make sure she was alright and she gives you this kind of attitude? Rude.