Chapter 52 "double""TRIPLE"

On the couch, Sans, Papyrus, and you were all watching Mettaton on the screen. He was interviewing one of the human reporters in the city close to Ebbot. He looked oddly familiar to you, but you couldn't quite put your finger on it.

He had dark brown hair and eyes. His posture was upright, and whenever he slouched, he'd instantly correct himself. That wasn't it though. His face is what looked familiar to you, like you'd seen him all the time. But that's impossible, right? Maybe you just recognized him from the interview you had when you broke the barrier.

"so, i've been thinking." Sans said beside you, interrupting your train of thought.

You looked his way, "Continue."

"how about a double wedding?" He asked.

You blinked, obviously confused from what he just said. A double wedding? With who? How would that work?

"What?" You asked. "How?"

"i talked to alph. she said her and undyne are up for it."

"Wait. Seriously?!" Your voice went high pitched out of pure excitement and joy.

"WAIT. CAN I JOIN?" Papyrus asked.

You and Sans both looked at him in confusion. "What do you mean?"

He smiled proudly as he spoke "I, THE GREAT PAPYRUS, WOULD LIKE TO MAKE YOUR DOUBLE WEDDING A TRIPLE WEDDING!!!"

You looked back at Sans, and sure enough, his white pinpricks in his eye sockets had disappeared. You held in a laugh as Papyrus kept smiling proudly at his comment.

"what do you mean, paps?" Sans asked, tone harsh, cold, and slow.

"WELL! METTATON ASKED ME YESTERDAY-"

"PFFFT! Hahahaha!!!!" You started laughing.

"I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT IS SO FUNNY, HUMAN FRISK..." Papyrus said.

"you're not marrying him. just.... just no!" Sans started screaming as beats of sweat started to form and run down his forehead.

"BUT OF COURSE I CAN, BROTHER! I'LL ASK HIM RIGHT NOW!" Papyrus said, pulling out his phone from his pocket.

"Wait." You stopped. "I thought you were going to say that Mettaton asked you to marry him."

Papyrus lowered the phone from his hands before he could press call. He looked at you with a confused but annoyed smile.

"IF YOU HAD WAITED AND LISTENED, I WAS GOING TO SAY THAT HE ASKED ME WHAT I THOUGHT ABOUT ALPHYS' AND UNDYNE'S WEDDING!" He explained.

He lifted the phone and called the robot on the TV screen. Wait. HE'S DOING A SHOW!

"PAPS!" You shouted. "He's doing his show right-"

A phone rang on the Television.

"-now..."

"OOPS..." Papyrus said. I SUPPOSE THERES NO BACKING OUT NOW!"

You were surprised Sans hadn't said anything about the matter. He was slouched back in to the back of the couch with a pout on his face. You chuckled under your breath and leaned to kiss him. When you made contact, his face went bright blue and he couldn't keep his pout straight.

"Looks like we have a caller who wants to ask a question!" Mettaton exclaimed, picking up the phone by a press of a button. "Hi! You're on TV! What's your question?"

"METTATON.. MY QUESTION IS FOR YOU." Papyrus said.

Sans sat up, pout gone as he listened intently, almost like he was hoping his brother had this under control. Papyrus looked nervous, and it seemed strange to you. Pap always seemed like the type to take on challenges head on, kinda like Undyne. However, right now there was sweat emanating from his forehead.

On the screen, Mettaton held in a laugh as he heard Papyrus voice. "Go on, darling!"

Papyrus took an audible breath, "FOR THOSE OF YOU LISTENING, MY NAME IS PAPYRUS. I'VE BEEN GOING OUT WITH METTATON FOR A LITTLE WHILE NOW AND.."

He stopped and looked at you. His eyes asking if he should just back down now. You couldn't blame him... you personally knew that they're perfect for each other, but it only has been around a month and a half.

Sure, they'd joke around when the barrier was broken, and you've heard both of them say how much they love the other. Sexual tension was always coming from the two of them, and you knew it was only a matter of time.

You gave Papyrus a faint, patient smile and nodded slightly.

"METTATON.. I'VE LOVED YOU FOR A LONG TIME. SO LONG THAT I CANNOT REMEMBER WHEN IT STARTED." He breathed again. "AND I WAS WONDERING.. IF YOU'D EXCEPT MY PROPOSAL OF MARRIAGE..?"

The entire crowd gasped and 'awe'd at the way Papyrus said it. You were even holding in.

Mettaton looked like he had stopped working. Like his body had completely shut down. However, you could tell he was still active from the constant shifting and blinking of his robotic eyelids.

"Papyrus." Mettaton finally spoke.

Everyone, including the reporter were on the edge of their seats for what he might say.

"I can't..." he stopped for a second, Papyrus seeming like he was about to cry before Mettaton continued. "I can't believe you got to ask before I did.."

Mettaton stood up and went behind his chair to grab a small box. He showed it to the camera and opened it to reveal a ring with a written inscription on the top.

'You & Me'

Everyone 'awe'd again, you joining in.

"Of course I'll marry you, darling.." he said, blowing a shaky kiss at the camera as he sat back down:

The entire audience cheered and screamed for them, and the phone line was cut. Papyrus was crying, but he wasn't sad. Quite the opposite actually.

"You okay?" You held your hand on Sans' shoulder.

"yeah..." he looked at you, smiling wide. "definitely."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hola!
I know this chapter is a little shorter, but hear me out.
I'm doing my bronze medallion this weekend and I need time to work on that before I can do this.
I know you guys are really understanding when it comes to that, so whatever!

Anyway!!
Love all y'all!
Bya!