Chapter 26 W.D. Papyrus

You woke up in yours and Sans' bed, heavy eyed. You looked beside you to see that Sans wasn't there. Had he gotten up before you for once? Well... you were pretty tired yesterday. In fact, you couldn't really remember anything by the time Sans brought you into the house. All you remember, was that Papyrus was crying...

Papyrus doesn't cry very much, but he can usually rub it off and do something else, something you wished you could do. As for right now..? You were starving. Lucky for you, there was a hot dog and hot cat sitting temptingly on your nightstand. You sat up, wobbly and weak, and looked at the food.

You picked up the plate and set it on your lap, and began eating. You didn't realize how hungry you actually were until you realized that you ate in almost less than two minutes.

You wiped your face with your sleeve, realizing that you were now in your pj's. Sans must have helped you out of your clothes when you basically collapsed on Papyrus. Speaking of Papyrus, you stood up, body aching, and walked downstairs to look for him.You highly doubted that he would have been in any mood to go for his police training today.

As you looked around, Papyrus and Sans were nowhere to be seen. You figured that they were probably in Pap's room, so you sat on the classic green couch and watched T.V.

Suddenly a bloodcertaling scream broke out, and you jumped.

The front of Papyrus' door fashed, and in an instant, Sans was there, opening the door. You almost triped on yourself when you ran up the stairs.

"shh... it's okay... calm down.." Sans's voice said as you peaked your head inside the room.

Papyrus and Sans sat at the edge of the bed, Papyrus, also in pj's, was practically curled into Sans. You smiled weakly to yourself and you walked in.

Papyrus' head shot up, and looked at you. His sockes overflowed with tears, and his right eye was glowing orange. You backed up the smallest bit at the sight of his glowing eye. You've only ever seen Sans' eye glow, so seeing his glow didn't feel right to you and it made your skin crawl.

"OH..... FRISK...:" Papyrus said. "I HOPE I DIDN"T WAKE YOU.."

"Oh.. I was already up, Paps." you tell him.

He nods and looks away from both of you, pulling out of Sans' grasp and stood up. He walked over to his closet, and took out his 'battle body' and dropped it on the floor with a thud.

"SANS.." Papyrus said, tone not like his usual happy self. "WHY DID YOU LET ME WEAR THIS... THIS..."

He stomped on it, breaking the chestplate. You and Sans both jumped.

"STUPID LOOKING... THING..?"

He was now bawling, like he had instantly regreted what he had done. Sans stood up and hugged hi. Papyrus' eye flickered and it reminded you of a burning out flame.

"pap... don't beat yourself up over this... please.." Sans pleaded.

"BUT... I FORGOT WHO HE WAS, SANS... I FORGOT WHAT HAPPENED IN THE CORE.... EVERYTHING... I FORGOT ABOUT HIM...."

At this point you were more confused than ever. You wanted to help him, but you didn't know what to do, or say.

Just when you were about to leave to let them figure it out, you remembered something. You rushed to Papyrus and hugged him tightly.

"GAH! FRISK?! WHAT ARE YO-"

"Someone great once told me that he was there whenever I needed him. That even if he didn't know what was going on, he would be there to support me in any way he could." you say. "Now, I'm doing the same thing for that absolutely great person. I may not understand what is going on, but I will be here to love and support you in any way I can."

He hugged you back, bending down and practically picking you up. You saw his eye turn back to it's natural black colour and you hugged him tighter.

"THANK YOU..." He whispered in your ear.

When he finally let you go, you all walked downstairs and sat on the couch. Watching Mettaton always seemed to calm Papyrus down whenever he was in a 'not Papyrus' mood. Papyrus watched the show so much in fact, that he's recently been on some episodes thanks to Undyne and Alphys. The pattern continued, Papyrus asking to be on the show more and more, and Mettaton soon was eager to have him there.

"Next question!" Mettaton said through the fuzz on the screen. "How many years has it been since Chara, the first fallen human, fell into the underground?"

"DARN IT!" Papy screached. "I KNOW THIS ONE!"

"Call!" you shout.

"S-SHOULD I?!" he stutters while his cheek bones showed the slight trace of orange.

Papyrus rarely stutters, yet when it came to the quiz show, that Papy watched all the time, he seemed to always know all the answers but never call. And if anyone asked him why, he would stutter a blatant lie, or on the rare occasion he'd run away, face bright orange.

"Yes! Call the show!" You handed him his phone.

He dialed the number faster than you would have expected anyone be able to. When the ringing started on the Live T.V. Papyrus started to sweat a little.

"Hi! You're on T.V! Do you think you know the answer to the question?" Mettaton asked.

Papyrus looked at you franticly and you nodded.

"Y-YES!" Papyrus bellowed. "IT'S BEEN 27 YEARS."

Mettaton looked like he was about to laugh when he heard Papyrus' voice come out of his receiver.

"That is..." a drum roll played on the T.V. "Correct!"

Papyrus smiled proudly.

Mettaton smirked a slightly sly grin "Might I ask who this lucky caller is?"

Papyrus' face went completely orange and he stopped, panickedly looking at you. You knew that Mettaton knew who it was. EVERYONE knows what Papyrus' voice sounds like from being on the show countless times.

"T-THIS IS PAPYRUS..." He said.

Mettaton was about to say something, probably something like 'congrats' when Papyrus interrupted him from starting to talk.

"PAPYRUS WINGDINGS" He said, smiling.

Mettaton stopped, you stopped, and the classic quiz music stopped too.

"Papyrus... WingDings..?" Mettaton said.

"THAT'S MY LAST NAME!" Papyrus said proudly.

The music started back up again, Mettaton congratulated Papyrus for getting the question right, and the show resumed to its regular program.

Monsters didn't use their last names unless it was for a formal reason, like for Asgore or Toriel. You didn't even know that Sans and Papyrus' last name was WingDings till now. Sans never talked about his last name because, well... it just never popped up. Thinking about it now, you don't even think you've told Sans your last name. However.... That name... WingDings... sounded way too familiar for your liking.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HMMMMM!

I think I'm becoming original now, right?

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM??????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!