Chapter 44 A "Little" Checkup

"I see this place has gotten more dark and dreary since I've been here." You say, walking into the True Lab back in the underground.

"I hate it here..." Kris said.

"It's not.. That bad.." you hear Asriel say behind you. "O-only a bit creepy.."

You heard Chara laugh "Want me to hold your hand, Azzy?"

You whip your head back to see what he would say, but all you saw was him frantically grab ahold of Chara's hand, hanging on for dear life. You looked back to what was in front of you and you giggle to yourself as you heard Chara 'awe' quietly.

"Why are we back here?" Susie asked, clearly annoyed with the situation.

"I have to run some tests." Gaster said.

Susie laughed. "Not on me I hope!"

Everyone stopped and stared directly at her for what seemed like ages. She went wide eyed and turned back to Gaster.

"No! No. No. NO!" She shouted. "You can't do tests on me! Don't I need to sign documents or something before you do that?!"

Gaster smiled smugly. "Maybe in your timeline." He leaned down to her ear. "But not in mine."

If her eyes could get any wider than they already were, they definitely would. You wanted to laugh, but you also wanted to reassure her. Stress would only create different results, you learned that from Sans.

"Kris and I should get tested right along with you" You say, speeding up to walk along beside her. "Doesn't hurt."

"And princess Chara." Gaster stated.

"Wait."Susie whipped around, walking backwards now. "You're a princess?!"

Chara laughed. "HA! Damn straight!" She raised Asriel's paw to her lips and kissed it. "All because of this fine fellow!" She bowed towards him, still holding his paw.

Asriel's face turned bright red at the kiss and only stared blankly at Chara. She snickered and put their intertwined hands back down to their sides.

"Y-y-yeah.." he finally managed to say. "T-that's.. Y-yeah.."

"Okay, that was the grossest thing I've ever seen." Susie stated, pretending to barf as she turned back around.

You rolled your eyes and continued walking through the long hallway towards the DT extractor. You knew how this was going to work, Gaster would set the machine to the lowest level, extracting only a fraction of determination. Then, he would run the extracted DT through another machine that would analyze it, watching if it changed, like the exchange between you and Kris' soul.

"Here we are." Gaster said as you reached the hollow room. "Who wants to go first."

"Looks like a skull." Susie said. "Bad ass but.. Could look cooler."

Gaster glared and shifted his gaze to Kris, with a look that said, 'really?'.

You raised your hand. "I've done this more than any of you, so I'll go first."

Gaster smiled and held out his hand. You were about to take it when Kris intercepted you and walked towards the machine.

"I've done this the same amount of times you have, and since Susie's from my timeline, she probably wants to see me go first." he said.

Gaster only nodded and opened the extractor with a push of a button. Kris stepped inside and laid back, closed his eyes and breathed in and out slowly, calming his nerves.

"You have to stay calm" you told Susie quietly. "Or the machine might pick up something else inside you."

"Well that's reassuring." She said sarcastically.

Gaster pressed another button on the console and the machine started up. The 'eyes' of the skull-like machine lit up with a purple light, similar to Gasters magic. The machine beeped three times. One to say it was starting the extraction process, one to say it was extracting and one when it was finished.

The machine opened up and Kris stepped out with a slight smile towards Susie. "See? Not a scratch on me."

"Does it hurt?" She asked nervously.

"No, it kinda tickles though." He told her.

"Do you want to go next, Susie?" You asked her. "I can if you're not ready."

"You go, I want to make sure it's.. safe." She said.

You smiled lightly. "Okay."

You stepped into the machine and laid back against the back of the hard metal. Your stomach throbbed slightly as the machine closed around you and you silently told yourself that you had to stay calm so you closed your eyes as you breathed in and out slowly. You heard the button on the outside being pressed and the machine made one long high pitched beep. Your eyes shot open and you looked through the side portion of the machine to see Gasters confused face.

"What's going on?" you asked him though the small opening.

"I have no idea." he told you. "It keeps asking what soul I want to extract."

The machine opened and you stepped out to walk towards him. You looked at the console to see that there was indeed a message that was asking what soul to extract.

"I'm going to get Sans" He said, disappearing in a flash.

"What the?!" Susie shouted.

"And then there were five" Chara said menacingly, purposefully deepening her voice.

Asriel held on to her hand tighter than before. "D-don't say it like that!"

Chara and Susie both laughed then stopped once they heard each other's laughter, staring at each other. Chara's eyebrows raised, and Susie smirked.

Suddenly a flash shone beside you, Sans and Gaster revealing themselves. Sans rushed to the console and ordered you back into the machine. You laid back once again and the machine closed around you. The button press, this time by Sans, and then the long beep echoing through the room.

"what the heck?" Sans said.

"What's it say?" you asked.

"same thing it said for dings." he scratched the back of his head. "get out for a second, hun."

The machine opened once again and you stepped out. Sans grabbed your hand and lead you to another room. The others followed in pursuit behind you.

He laid you down on an examination bed and you looked up worryingly at him. "What are you doing?"

"i'm gonna scan you." he said. "see if there's something up with your soul."

You didn't like the sound of that... he grabbed another screen, with a handle on it and a sensor on the back and started scanning you, starting at your forehead, making his way to your toes.

He stopped at your stomach and went wide eyed. Gaster loomed over top and had the same reaction when he looked at the screen.

"What is it?! What's wrong?!" you shouted.

"oh.. my... god..." Sans said looking up at you. "you're pregnant..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hio!

Widdle baby is here!!!!

Hope you enjoyed this chapter! I had so much fun thinking about how I was going to write it. :D

C'ya later, little ones!