Chapter 57 "Poof!!!"

"Mommy!" You heard the little voice come from Papyrus' room when you came home from work.

Fran was still growing at an alarming rate, and now she looked like she was around two to three years old. She had learned how to talk quickly as well, her first word being 'Pap' because of how many times she's heard Papyrus' name in their room. She seemed to also have the ability to tell if you or Sans were nearby or in the house. It's almost as though her soul was so connected to yours and Sans' that she could just feel it.

"Papyrus! Could you bring Chess down stairs?!" You said up the stairs as you sat down on the couch.

Your back hurt from sitting in that office all day. Sans was probably down in the lab with Gaster and Alphys trying out the DT extractor again. As you waited for Papyrus to grab Franchesca, you turned on the TV. You saw the fastest flash of light purple as she appeared in the room with you. Your eyes widened, since when can she-?

Papyrus bursted through the door of his room with a look of absolute panic all over his face, until he saw Fran giggling to herself in the living room .

"N-NOT AGAIN!!!" He stuttered. "SHE'S BEEN DOING IT ALL DAY!"

Your eyebrows narrowed, "What do you mean.." you looked at your daughter, "..all day..?"

She ran to the kitchen as fast as her small legs could take her as she giggled loudly. You stood up and Papyrus shrugged his shoulders and followed you. She was sitting in the corner of the kitchen with a huge smile on her face, her blue eyes literally glowing. You nealt down in front of her and her smile faded to a neutral face, telling you she was listening.

"How did you learn how to do that?" You asked.

"Gaster! Grampa Gaster!!" She said. "He showed me how to poof around!!!" She did a little explosion motion with her hands.

"OH BOY..." Papyrus said.

You placed your hands on your hips as you looked up at Papyrus behind you. His fear returning as you and him had the same thought. Gaster was probably trying to get her to run away or something. You KNEW you couldn't trust him... not after trying to kill you and Chess.

"Oh boy is right, Papyrus. Who knows where she could end up now." You said, picking her up and going back to the couch to sit down with her. "At least Sans doesn't know.."

"at least i don't know what?" Sans said as the front door swung open.

"Daddy!!!" Franchesca screamed as she waved her arms towards him.

You stood up and passed Fran off to him. He held her tightly and she rested her head on his shoulder. "hey there, princess!"

"I'll explain later." you told him. "Where is Gaster, I need to talk to him."

His left eye began to glow as he held onto Franchesca even tighter than before, "not without me, you're not.."

"Sans.. I know how to protect myself. And If I need help.." you kissed his cheek. "I'm sure you'll know."

He sighed as he began to rub Chess' back. "fine...he's in the garage. just be careful.."

You nodded and headed out the door to the back of the house. You opened the small lab door to find Gaster looking at the blueprints of the Void Connector. He was so focused that he didn't even see you come into the room.

"Gaster." You said sternly.

He looked over to you and his eyes almost seemed to light up. He looked hopeful, like he wasn't expecting you of all people to want to talk to him. However, with your recent discovery, you weren't so sure if you really wanted to talk to him either.