Chapter 50 A Baby

Gaster and Sans have been talking downstairs for a while.. After that huge dispute a couple days ago, nobody trusts him now. You weren't able to completely wrap your head around the fact that Gaster wanted you dead, badly. If Papyrus didn't come with you, you and the baby would be dead.

Speaking of the baby, she's been growing a lot more than usual, and you wonder if you might go into labor in a day or so. You also finally came up with a name for her, seemed fitting enough because of yours and Sans' trip to France. You hadn't discussed it with him yet, but there's no way you'd let him pick a name anyway. He'd probably name her 'The Legendary Fart Princess' if he could, so you were naming her what you wanted to.

"IT WILL BE FINE..." Papyrus was stoking your back as you sat on his bed, his voice bringing you back to reality. "PLEASE DON'T CRY, HUMAN..."

You couldn't help it. It all happened so fast, so choppy, so horribly written, that it didn't really make sense. From your understanding, Gaster had used some of Chara's determination to get into Asriel's head. The only reason that it was Asriel was because of Chara's soul being absorbed, allowing him to have the slightest bit of her soul with his currently.

Gaster wasn't able to take full control of him, however. He was only able to see and hear what Asriel was, and he could control his powers to some extent. Gaster did apologise to you, claiming he thought it was an experiment to see if the timeline would falter, but you didn't buy it.

"What if he tries it again..?" You asked. "What if I-"

"YOU THINK TOO MUCH." He said bluntly. "IF HE REALLY WANTED TO, HE WOULD HAVE DONE IT WHEN HE MET YOU."

You were taken aback. Did Papyrus know something you didn't? It was possible, but it could also just be Papyrus' beliefs. He believes that everyone can be a good person, so was this the case with Gaster?

"But what if it's just because of her..?" You gestured to your stomach. "What does he have against her..?"

Papyrus sighed, breathing in and out as he rested his hand on your shoulder. You waited for him to say something, but it was taking a while. He had his eye closed and breathed in slowly again before talking.

"HE HAS REGRET." He said "FROM WHEN WE WERE MADE."

Made? He means 'born', right? Life can't just be 'made' out of nothing, or were monsters different? Could you keep the monster population with only one monster? If not, then who was their mother? You've never really thought about it till now.

"So who wa-AH!" A giant pain in your stomach stopped you. "S-shit! P-Papyrus..! Get San-ans!"

"ON IT!" He ran out of the room to rush downstairs.

You clutched your stomach, tight. It felt like you were getting heavy, like when the skeletons would use blue magic on your soul, but this time, it was your whole body. You dropped to the floor, unable to keep your center of gravity. Slowly lowering down flat on the ground, it was like you couldn't hold your own weight on your arms and legs.

Sans was in the room in a blink of blue, and tried to help you stand. He couldn't lift you off the ground with physical strength, but he was able to with his magic. You still felt heavy, while he lifted you, you felt like you were being pressed to the ground. You couldn't lift your head or hands up. It was almost like something was pulling you down, forcing gravity on your entire body.

You screamed, pain absolutely erupting in your womb. Sans teleported you both straight to the hospital. A flush of hot liquid seemed to burst in your lower half. Your water just broke, but it was painful, like something forced it to. You screamed again.

"shhh... it's okay.. you're gonna be okay..." Sans' voice towards you was so sincere before he yelled at a nurse to get you into a room immediately.

It took only minutes for Alphys to come into the room where Sans had taken you. Your vision was getting blurry, and you felt pain everywhere. Your body felt like it was being split in two, and you couldn't hear anything Alphys was trying to tell you because of the constant ringing in your ears. You could barely see Alphys holding your head up as she injected something into your neck.

...

It's been a couple hours, and you passed out from blood loss. Sans had to be removed from the room several times to stop him from trying to heal you. There would be a time for you to heal, but they didn't want to hurt the baby with conflicting magic. Even healing magic could disturb an interbreads physical magic when their born.

"S-Sans..?" Alphys stuck her head outside the doorway. "You can come in now."

"please tell me she's not born." He said, standing up from the chair in the hallway.

Alphys stepped back and looked at the skeleton worryingly. Did he not want the kid anymore..? Was he having second thoughts..? She opened her mouth to speak, but he stopped her by raising a hand and walking past her to step inside the hospital room.

You laid on the hospital bed, heart monitor tracking your steady heartbeat as you slept soundly. An IV was connected to your wrist, pumping blood and pain killers into you. However, Sans wasn't looking at you right now. His eyelights were caught by something placed on the right side of your bed.

A hospital cradle.

He stopped, frozen, eyelights gone now as he stared. no... no no no no no! It wasn't supposed to happen like this! You were supposed to get married before this! Gaster said you would die. When? WHEN?! If you're not dead now, when will you be?

You turned in your sleep and Sans broke his gase to look at you. He walked slowly towards the bed, not daring to look at the baby beside him.

He cupped your cheek and your eyes slowly fluttered open. "hey there, beautiful.."

"W-where is Fran..?" You asked.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

WE HAVE THE BABU!

By the way, no, her full name isn't Fran, or Frans!

Her full name is Franchesca.

It means "From France"

Fitting, right? I know! And it's really close to Frans, so I thought it was perfect! :D

Anyway! Hope you liked this chapter! I'll see ya later!