Chapter 65 Still Loves Her

Kris hasn't woken up for almost six to seven days, so he was placed in the hospital for coma treatment. Chara hasn't left the new Dreemurr house in the city, which was totally understandable. Chara wouldn't even look at Asgore since the incident, and even hearing Asriel's name put her into a deadpan of panic. Which again... was understandable. You still couldn't quite wrap your head around what had happened...

On the brighter side of things, Chara finally had a little bit of a 'baby bump'. The name 'Chase' was passed around for the baby and Chara quickly kept it. Not only did it have a little but of her's and Asriel's name, but the end was what really grabbed her. The 's-e' for her promise.... Another bonus to the name, was the fact that it was also her biological fathers name. He had died when she was at a very young age, so she never really got to know him.

The only people that Chara even wanted to be around was you, Fran, and sometimes Sans and Susie. In fact, sometimes she would have Fran come by herself, you having to drive her, of course. After Chara learned that she was able to talk to Chase, she has been asking things back and forth between her and her son.

"Ask him if-"

"Wait" Chess interrupted Chara. "He has a question."

Chara stared at the young lady Fran had turned into this past week. She looked like she was in her mid-teen years now, maybe just on the adult side. Her hair was a beautiful brown with a light blue on the ends. The clothing was starting to get a little expensive with how fast everything was growing. And... not just her height, but... her... 'ahems'. Since he wasn't fully human, however, it relieved you to learn that she didn't have a menstrual cycle. However, she would have an occasional heat cycle because she was a monster.

"What is it?!" Chara asked, eyes slightly lighting up.

"He wants to know why you keep-" Fran stopped. "Oh. N-nevermind..."

Chara held onto her stomach with her hands. Chase was definitely not growing as fast as Fran did, but he still was growing a little faster than most human pregnancies. Gaster said that most Human-Monster interbreads are born in three to four months. So, Chara will definitely not have it as hard as you did when you were only pregnant for one month.

"What is it?" Chara asked, a little more life in her voice since that horrible day.

"He.. uh... he wants to know why you've been crying at night..." Fran said, knowing what the answer was.

Chara's eyes welled with tears. "Tell him the answer.. I just... need a minute..."

She stood up and walked out of the small dining room to her new, very small bedroom that she called home. She barely came out of that room, knowing outside she could hurt someone again.. She didn't WANT to hurt anyone..

"You said never again.." Kris' words from the wedding ringed in her head.

She broke her promise that she wouldn't hurt him... That she would never hurt Asriel ever again.. And now he's dead because of her stupidity... because she couldn't keep one simple promise.. Because she couldn't learn how to control her powers. Or her lust for determination. Would she even be able to keep Chase safe...? Would she be able to keep a promise without breaking it again...?

A knock on the bedroom door shocked her out of her mind and Chara opened the door for Fran.

"Mom says we have a conference.. so I have to go..." she said, sadly, folding her hands in front of her.

Chara smiled lightly and held a hand on her shoulder, causing her to look up. Chara placed a small kiss onto Franchesca's forehead.

"It's okay, you have no idea how much you do for me, Chess.." Chara said. "You help me out so much, okay?"

Fran nodded. "Chase says that he loves you... and that... he knows Asriel loves you too."

Fran flashed out of the building to go outside and go to the conference with you, Joan, and Sans. Chara stood there in the doorway to her bedroom with more tears forming in her eyes. Asriel... he still loves her... even in death... he still loves Chara...

After a little while of Chara making something to eat, watching the conference on the very small television in the kitchen, a small knock was heard on the front door. Great.. Another reporter. Probably here to ask the same questions that the last one did, and the one before, and the one before that. After you had announced that the prince would no longer be coming to the city because of a recent accident, reporters have been showing up at the house, nonstop. Not only that, but because there was only one monster in the city, there was talk about sending more in Asriel's place.

Chara huffed and walked over to the front door, not bothering to look through the peephole, and opening it.

"Chara..." The man said. "Can I come in...?"

Her eyes widened and she almost slammed the door in Ryans face. Instead, she just stared at the man in horror and fear, as her body began to shake. What the hell was he doing here?!

"O-okay." What did she just say?! "Come make y-yourself at home."

What was he happening? She had no idea. She just invited the man she hated into her home for no reason. Why?! She didn't know that either, however, it was probably because she didn't want to lose control over herself again... Especially after what happened last time...

"You look well" Ryan said, as Chara led him to the kitchen, dining room table. "I was a little worried you'd... attack me again, or something."

They both laughed nervously at the statement.

"W-want some tea? I have golden-flower and mint." Chara asked.

"Oh. Golden-flower if you don't mind" Ryan answered, placing his cell phone on the table.

She walked about four small steps to the kettle and filled it with water, grabbing the tea packets at the water boiled and waited. There was an uneasy silence between the two and they both didn't know what to say.

Finally Chara's patence faltered as she gave Ryan and herself a hot cup of tea. "What are you doing here, Ryan?"

"I wanted to make an actual apology without things getting out of hand." he said plainly. "I know 'sorry' doesn't amount to what I did to you and... Frisk... But If there's any way I can make it up to you... I'll do it."

Chara breathed in and slowly nodded her head, not accepting the apology, but thinking of something he could do for her. Why on earth would she forgive someone who hurt her so badly? AND he also hurt you, so that was another thing that she couldn't forgive him for.

"You know when we were in high school?" Chara asked. "When we would look at really old dark magic?"

Ryan blinked and nodded. Where was she going with this?

"Y-yeah?" He said. "What about it?"

She looked over to him with bright red eyes "You still got those old necromancy books?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you don't know what necromancy is, it's basically talking, contacting, summoning, or raising the dead.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

things are about to get CRAZY!

ALSO!!! 

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!

I hope you liked this little Christmas eve eve special!

So, honest opinions... What are your thoughts on Ryan? Is he telling the truth? Or is he planning something...?

Also! I know you haven't heard about him in a while, but what are your thoughts on Joan? Is he trustworthy?

ANYWAY! Hope you enjoyed. PLEASE LEAVE A LOT OF COMMENTS! The most notifications I've had so far was like 10. So... I REALLLLLLYYYYYY want you guys to BLOW THEM UP!

And if you liked the chapter, vote! It tells me what kind of 'action' you guys like!

Bye, bscotch-pies!