Chapter 88 Real Magic

You were scared, even more than before. What if Chara was in danger? She sounded so off when talking to you and Kris telepathically. Worst of it all, you weren't really sure what was happening down there and was considering going down with her. Kris was still talking to Fran for all you knew, and Sans and Papyrus were still talking amongst each other about their mother.

So, doing the only thing that you could think of, you called Suzy. She had given you her number while you were talking to her at the Dreemurr house. Pressing the contact on your phone, you looked around and decided to go upstairs to yours and Sans' room, just so that there was not as much noise. You dialed the monster, and the phone only rang twice before she picked up.

"Frisk! So good to hear from you, I'm really busy, but what's up?" She asked.

"I need to go into the underground." You told her. "I was wondering if you would like to come with me. I would love to hear more about your ideas for the machine."

You could almost hear her gasp of pure joy until you heard a long sad sigh on the other end of the phone. Suzy obviously had other things that she needed to worry about.

"I would love to, but..." She trailed off. "Wait. One second."

You stayed on the line, waiting for her to come back and continue her thought. You could hear her talking to some other monsters in the room with her, and you could have sworn you heard the name 'MK' for a second. Hearing footsteps come back to the phone, you let out a shaky breath.

"Are you cool with some other monsters coming along?" Suzy asked pleasantly.

"Absolutely! Who would be joining us?" You asked, rather excited to go visit the underground again, even if it was to make sure Chara was okay.

"Monster Kid, and my friend Noelle." She said calmly. "I want to get Noelle out of the house, just in case Joan thinks I was the one who took her out."

You blinked. Did she really get Noelle out of that situation? If she did, then good for her! You were actually glad to hear that Noelle was able to get out of an abusive relationship with help from a friend. It was something that you wished someone had done for you, and you were more than willing to take her down to the underground for the first time.

"Absolutely! I can't wait to see her!" You said, saying that you'd meet them outside of your house, considering she knew where it was. "And it would be great to see MK after so long."

You swore you could hear her give a thumbs up to the others on the other end of the phone. Laughing to yourself, you quickly told her goodbye and hung up the phone. You could feel your stress rising bit by bit as you got ready to venture into that dark cavern once again.

Suzy, on the other hand, was rushing around the house to find something to put on over top of her white tank top. She didn't want to take the purple flannel back from Noelle, considering that she liked it so much.

Monster Kid was already at the house with them at this point, and Noelle was having a lovely conversation with him. In fact, Noelle was actually fairly happy about the fact that he was a lot different than her. Monster Kid actually liked her company and told her about all the adventures that you and him had while in the underground. He also told her stories about Papyrus and Undyne.

Noelle was almost overjoyed with the amount of variation that there was with monster kind. In fact, she was practically jumping up and down with how much excitement she had for seeing you. The only thing she knew about you beforehand was the things that Joan would complain about while at home.

"When are we leaving?" Noelle asked Suzy, a huge smile on her face.

"Soon," Suzy said, grabbing a red jacket and putting it on. "Let's get you a hat."