Chapter 23 Megalomaniac

"Frisk! I was waiting for you to show up." he said harshly.

"Asriel... listen to me..." You started.

"NO! I.. I'm NOT Asriel. I'm not that.. that.. that monster who.." he trailed off.

You knew how to break this. You knew you could. You knew that Flowey was never used to actually having a soul of his own inside him.

"Can I tell you something funny...?" you said, taking a step towards him.

He took a step back. "What?!"

"Chara... you know what she did when I saw her today?" You continued, taking another step.

What are you doing?!

"Stop!" He stepped back again.

Just give me my blade before it's too late!

"She was eating chocolate, the chocolate you found for her. And when I saw her face she said 'I'm as dead as I look'." You took a step.

His expression faltered. And you swore that, in the smallest part of his pupil, you saw Asriel. His eyes looked like they were flashing back and forth between what they look like now, and Asriel's eyes. He lowered his head ever so slightly, and you saw the green that was on his neck fizzle.

"And you think..." He started, looking up to meet your face once again. "THAT is going to make me Asriel?"

"Can I ask you something?" You said.

He growled, literally. The hairs on your neck roze when he did, but other than the growl, he didn't protest.

You stepped forward again. "How come you told me you wanted to be Asriel when you're not?"

His face twitched. He must really hate that you were right. His right hand lifted, an open palm towards you as you saw his face. Then, A miracle happened, the blackness to his eyes were gone. He had a look of pure terror and hopelessness to his face. His palm shone with light, creating a fireball strong enough to kill you in one hit. He was the God of Hyperdeath after all.

You dodged easily to the attack, but when it hit the wall behind you, you felt pain in your back and arms. The plaster and wood from the wall bounced from the foundation, jumping out to tear the back of your jacket, shirt, and skin.

You haven't felt like this in ages..

"No! Stop!" He screamed, tears rolling down his face.

You reached out to him, but you instantly felt pain in your palm. He had moved so quickly, summoning a chaos saber to slice your palm. You clutched it close to your chest, trying to hold in the blood that you knew was seeping out of the wound.

"NO!" he shouted. "I don't want this anymore!"

The chaos saber disappeared and he fell to his knees. His head hung, his face not visible from that angle. You stepped towards him again, a little more cautious than last time. You slowly rested your wound free hand on his shoulder, and he shuddered. You were about to give him a hug when..

BANG

He grabbed your neck and pinned you against one of the remaining free walls. You clawed at his paws. Despite looking younger than you, he was definitely a boss monster if he had this kind of strength. He looked up at you, the flowers eyes replacing Asriel's again.

He laughed. "You IDIOT! He was the one who wanted you to reset in the first place.. So.." a chaos saber appeared in his free hand, and he held it up to your neck. "Any last words before the reset..?"

"She's not saying anything. I AM." You saw Chara stand, knees shaking. "I want my brother back."

You smiled when you saw the smile on her face. Then.. your own smile weakened when you saw her close her eyes and reopen them. They were a blood red as blood red could get, telling you that she meant business.

Asriel thew the saber at Chara, but it didn't even hit anywhere near her.

"What kind of throw was that?!" She said, her voice sounded groggy and misshapen.

He let go of you almost instantly and you saw all the colour on his body reseed and turn white. He ran towards her hugging her instinctively. She had a surprised look on her face. Her red eyes wide and fixated on something.

Then you felt a shake in your pants pocket. The switchblade you confenskated was moving on its own, trying to get out of your pocket. That's what she was staring at...

It flung out of your pocket before you had any time to react to what was happening. The knife opened and Asriel's ears perked to the clicking sound behind him. You knew Chara wouldn't hurt him... right...? The blade flug into her hands and she pinned Asriel to the ground. He grunted when his head hit the hard floor.

Asriel may have the same strength as a full grown boss monster, but Chara, in this state, was way stronger than any monster of human. After all... Her body stored all of your reseted LV and EXP.

"I WILL get my brother out!!" She laughed, then leaned down to his ear. "Even if I have to carve him out myself!!!"

You stood, but Chara turned her head with so much speed that you thought it would snap. She threw her knife at you, too fast for you to dodge. It stabbed into your leg and you fell over. It quickly pulled out and stabbed your shoulder. It flew back into her hand again.

"You better stay right where you are, sis." She said, with a devilish grin on her face. "We wouldn't want any more people to get hurt."

You're body ached...

She turned her head to him again. "Now... Where was I?"

She held the knife over her head, not with her hands... It was floating there, blade pointed towards his body.

"C-Chara...! I-it's me!" He said. "I'm Asriel..!"

Then out of nowhere, a spear flung right into the knife's blade, spear going straight into the wall.

Undyne stood in the door frame, Papyrus right behind her.

"Guess we shouldn't have left to get those towels Papyru-" Undyne stopped when she saw Alphys unconscious on the floor.

She ran towards her, Papyrus looking around to see you on the floor on the opposite side of the room, he rushed to heal your wounds. The healing magic that he used gave faster relief than Sans' magic did.

Wait.

"Papyrus? Where is Sans?" You asked.

He looked at you, puzzled. "I THOUGHT YOU CAME WITH SANS..."

"I did!" You said.

"What THE HELL did you do to her?!" Undyne screamed at Chara.

Chara's eye went wide when she realized the new people in the room. She smiled at Undyne, a devilishly sweet smile.

"Y'know." Chara got off of Asriel. "I thought you were pretty good at figuring out things."

Asriel staggered back to the wall beside you, terrified of the human girl. He grabbed your wounded hand with his paw.

*Your Items filled up with Dreams

"However.." Chara continued, stepping towards Undyne. "I guess even monsters make mistakes."

The spear that was pinning the knife to the wall began to waver. Saking and flailing until it dropped to the floor, knife flying back into Chara's hands. She smiled widely and undyne summoned spears around her.

"Are you scared..?" Chara loomed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Told you!