Chapter 82 Getting Somewhere

"Yes! Okay?!" Chara screamed, "Is that what you wanted to hear? That you were right about something for once?"

"Chara, you need to calm down!" Ryan screamed back at her. "You told me earlier about 'Chase', and I already had suspicions!"

Chara stood off the bed, waving her hands in the air, getting right into the man's face. She started yelling at him, telling him it was his fault for even coming to her new house in the city. If it weren't for him knocking on her door, maybe they wouldn't be struggling to find answers for monster necromancy, and she wouldn't have gone unconscious.

"If you hadn't had come to my stupid house, this would've happened!" She screamed. "And people say that others can change, pathetic nonsense..."

"It's not my fault you kissed me!" He yelled.

"IT'S NOT MY FAULT YOU KISSED ME FIRST!!!" She retord, causing Ryan to freeze in place.

Silence overpassed the two for a moment, before Chara grabbed her coat and left, closing the room door behind her. Ryan didn't even try to stop her, he just sat down on the edge of the bed. He facepalmed, running his hand down his face as he sighed almost violently.

"What the hell was I thinking...?" He asked himself out loud.

"You weren't..." Chara whispered against the door, not letting him hear.

She walked out of the small Inn, heading back towards the library. The sudden coolness rushing across her skin made her quickly shiver. She felt like she did something wrong. Not just to herself, but to Ryan. Almost as though it was all completely her fault for what happened. It wasn't, but that's just how she felt.

When she reached the Library's door, she closed her eyes and held out her hand to the side. Suddenly the sound of glass breaking as a knife flew through an old abandoned house. It shot straight into her grasp, and she reopened her eyes, now bloodshot red.

She raised the knife, and struck the glass of the library door with one swift motion. It shattered, slightly cutting her hand in various small locations. She ignored it, however, and reached inside the broken window to unlock the door.

"Finally." She said.

"Chara!" Ryan called, running across the now packed snow. "I'm not going to stop helping you. Even though you may hate me, I really just-"

"Shut your pathetic fucking mouth and listen." Chara told him harshly. "We're raising Asriel from the dead whether you like it or not."

"I know." He said. "I'm with you every step of the way..."

She opened the door, being careful not to step in the broken glass on the floor. It was surprisingly warm inside, and the lights were still on, most likely from the core still operating. The pain in her stomach grew bigger and bigger, but she ignored it all the same. Chase just probably didn't like the fact that she was using so much determination at one time.

They walked over to the long bookshelf at the back of the small empty Library, and scanned it, looking at the titles of the non-fiction. They began pulling books out, and examining the contents.

By the time it took them to find exactly the right books they were looking for, the cool air had finally managed to completely draft in thought the smashed door window.

"That's so weird how boss monsters are the only ones whose soul can persist a little after death." Ryan read over her shoulder. "How are we supposed to... uh... y'know..."

He stopped and stuck his arms out in front of him, mimicking the appearance of a zombie. Chara only sighed and kept reading, trying to find any information about monster dust. If humans used to have magic, is that where the necromancy book, Ryan had, came from? He did say that it was something that's been in the family for a long time.

"Monster dust carries the magic of their previous body and soul" Ryan said "Huh! Interesting."

"Where did you read that?!" Chara yelled, frantically looking over the page.

"There" He pointed to a section of a book that he had opened behind her.

She snached it out of his hands, and began thoroughly reading the ancient texts. A smile grew on her face, and her eyes began to glow brightly red. Her determination was at its peak, and it was greatly showing.

"I'm coming, Azzy..." she said, rubbing her stomach. "We'll be a family, just like we promised."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Guilt. Pain. Sympathy. Emotions... it was all coming back to him. All of the wrongs he'd done, all of those horrible injections into his soul, being trapped in the void, it was all for nothing. All he wanted to do was forget, but in his granddaughters face, all he saw was his beautiful Talia.

Now, here he was. A pile of washed up magic and the slightest bit of human determination. All waiting to melt onto the deep, dark, void floor.

"No! No you can't melt like this!" Fran screamed. "You'll be okay! You can't do this to me! Who would create something so..."

She stopped when she saw a soft smile on his face. Then she went wide-eyed and thought for a moment.

If someone really was writing this disturbing scene, then who's to say they haven't written more? Was Asriel's death just a result of someone's imagination? Or was it truly an accident...?

"Chessy. Listen to me" Gasters voice came out thick, like when Chara becomes overpowered with determination. "I can't come back, but you can."

"No! I don't care how the story is supposed to be!" She screamed. "I can't just leave you behind!"

He cupped her cheek, making sure not to place the already melted hand onto her. All he did was smile, and slowly pull his hand away.

...

Then she felt her whole body get heavy. She knew exactly what he was going to do. She tried to move, but he had too much of a firm magical grip on her.

"NO!" She screamed, as she started floating towards the 'CONTINUE' button. "Grandpa no! I don't wanna leave you!"

*click*

...

"Take care of my boys, Talia. Okay?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kris shot awake, covered in sweat. He sat up quickly, looking around the room he was in. Alphys had left to monitor Fran and Gaster, which left him completely alone.

He looked down at his hands.

"They're burnt..." he said. "You... you can get hurt for real in the Mindspace..."

He paused, looking around the room again. Almost as if he was trying to spot any sign of life that had been in there but him. As he continued to look, he took off the heart monitor and IV tubes.

Fran had totally disappeared while they were in the Mindspace, was she okay? A fatal, female scream filled the halls of the hospital, causing Kris to launch forward. He ran out of the doorway, ignoring the pain in his head from rising too fast, and turned into the room next to him.

What he saw brought a tear to his eye, but a smile to his face. A twisted smile that would only be seen as being used to cope with dangerously hard situations.

"Fran!" Alphys screamed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yo! What's up?!

Did you like the chapter? I hope so!

Sorry I haven't been updating recently, but the school schedule is full and I barely have time to edit "Encore" on my friends Wattpad (Hellokev6)

Anyway! Hope you liked this chapter!

Don't forget to vote and comment!

C'ya later!